Wireless access planner
At Rogers, we are committed to helping Canadians bridge the digital divide and ensure that no one is left behind in accessing reliable connectivity. Through our Service Expansion projects, we are proud to bring our wireless and internet service to homes and businesses across the country to connect them to the people and things that matter most.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for new team members who are committed to making connectivity possible for our neighbours, communities, and local businesses. This team works cross-functionally, collaborating with our Network, Rogers for Business, and Consumer teams to make a lasting impact in underserved or unserved communities for generations to come.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity:
Imagine working for an exciting entrepreneurial company where employees are committed to meeting big challenges and making a real difference. That's Rogers. A leading communications and media company where people come to do great work. Right now we are looking for talented individuals to join our winning team where you will have a chance to innovate, grow and to do what really matters.
As the Wireless Access Planner, responsible for design and optimization of LTE and UMTS networks for Atlantic Canada. Plan and cost out projects to support network evolution to meet growing subscriber demand, analyzing coverage, available capacity and low throughput sites to determine the best approach. Develop and analyze the most economical solution to meet organizational objectives regarding network expansion and strategy, subscriber growth, usage patterns and Top Offenders. The candidate must be familiar with Macro, Micro, Pico and Small Cell technology and architecture as well as In Building systems.Some of the duties of this role will include:
- Create/submit all project related planning specifications for Land Acquisition, Network Augmentation, New Site Build, (Macro, Small Cell and In-building systems) COW and Site Relocations.
- Plan, coordinate, and submit all project related infrastructure requirements.
- Monitor and action network capacity requirements.
- Ensure all network infrastructure projects adhere to current standards
- Identify and report risks based on budget for each project and recommend remediation plans as needed
- Establish and foster internal relations with Sales and Marketing to achieve Business goals and priorities.
- Interface with Radio Engineering and Real Estate for service requirements, providing feedback on proposed deployment locations.
- Work with and provide guidance to Radio and Civil Engineering, Transport Planning, Equipment Engineering, Site Prep specialists, and Operations.
- Actively participate in network collaboration meetings, design reviews, and change meetings.
- Submit Design and Cost Request specifications, work with various team members in providing accurate design and project cost projections.
- Work with various groups towards acquiring budgets and approvals
- Identify RBS equipment requirements, submit quote requests, monitor deployment schedules and place equipment orders for efficient on demand needs
- Monitor and ensure ongoing Equipment deployments from warehouse to vendors.
- Coordinate with Delivery Manager, Engineering, Purchasing and Procurement to attain deployment goals.
- Introduce new product, engineering changes and identify customer requirements for IB systems.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Identify worst offenders for Access, Utilization, Drops, Integrity, and Mobility
- Determine route cause of performance degradation and work with Operation/Engineering for resolution.
- Track for potential infrastructure requirements.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Engineering degree in Telecommunications with specialization in Wireless technology with 5+ years planning experience
- Three Year Electronics Engineering Technology Diploma with 5+ years experience in planning for complex wireless networks
- Microsoft Office
- Arieso Geo Analytics
- Must be able to complete complex projects with minimal to no supervision
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to company prioroties a must
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 70 Assomption Blvd (171), Moncton, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 260962
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
Our people are at the heart of our success
Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
We do what's right, each and every day
We believe in the power of new ideas
We work as one team, with one vision
We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes:Digital & Technology
Moncton, NB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Wireless, Telecom, Telecommunications, Engineer, Network, Technology, Engineering