Amazon is seeking an International Tax Manager to focus on Canada international tax planning for all Amazon and Amazon subsidiary business activities with respect to Canada. This position can be based at Amazon's Vancouver or Toronto Canada offices.
This position will be part of a team that works closely with business partners and members of the corporate tax department to structure business initiatives and transactions. This function is critical to ensuring that the business teams are well advised on the tax impact of their activities, and that the relevant tax technical analysis of such activities are properly documented in order to support our reporting, compliance and on-going tax controversy analysis. The ideal candidate will have in-depth Canadian domestic, inbound and outbound tax technical knowledge with experience evaluating and advising on international business initiatives and proposals.
Candidate must be able to work closely with members across a global tax department as well as non-tax stakeholder teams (e.g., Accounting, Legal, Finance), and communicate business plans, obtain tax subject matter input, and ensure coordination and execution of cross-functional tax solutions in a sustainable manner. Candidate must be able to communicate, both in writing and orally, complex tax concepts in ways that are understandable and useful to non-tax professionals.
Key job responsibilities
• Provide direct tax support for specific business lines and projects, providing quality and timely guidance;
• Ensure new projects launch with direct tax compliance requirements and processes implemented, minimizing risk and exposure to penalties;
• Researching advanced Canadian direct tax issues;
• Liaising with advisors and tax authorities on matters relating to the Amazon business;
• Analyze and support legislative changes in the direct tax field that impact Amazon's Canadian businesses; and
• Promote direct tax awareness and knowledge internally including liaising with business and tax partners on changes to systems, policies and processes.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience in tax, finance or a related analytical field.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
• Degree in law or accounting (CPA or equivalent), or graduate degree in taxationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Significant experience in Canada and international taxation concepts, with an understanding of or practical experience with the excise tax act.
• Strong technical writing and tax research skills
• Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex tax laws in a business setting
• Demonstrated ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects, including the ability to work effectively across cross-functional teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage others, both directly and indirectly
• Strong technical, analytical and problem solving ability
• Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and is able to deliver on tight deadlines
• Highly motivated, hard-working, and able to work in a fast paced, informal, and often ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Administrative Banking, Finance and Insurance