The AWS Migration Acceleration Services team's mission is to help customers, partners, and internal teams accelerate the migration and modernization of applications. We provide a single destination that brings together a curated set of migration related guidance, tools, workflows, and people from across AWS. The services we build guide customers through the migration process, automate complex tasks, and provide proactive guidance.
The Migration Evaluator (formerly TSO Logic) team is seeking a Systems Development Engineer to join our talented technical team.
Key job responsibilities
• We monitor data centers; therefore, our test environments need to be representative of modern data centers and the variety of configurations that exist. You will help design, build and maintain our test environments - both virtualized and non-virtualized.
• We believe strongly in CI/CD and high automation test coverage. You will contribute to the design, building and maintenance of our devops pipeline.
• We believe strongly in automating all tasks and you will own designing, building and maintaining of our infrastructure through code. You will utilize your coding skills to automate deployments via Infrastructure-as-Code pipelines.
• We serve across multiple development teams supporting their infrastructure needs. You will be required to aid and advice adjacent teams that run on shared infrastructure for deployment, operation, and maintenance of infrastructure.
About the team
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of COVID-19 guidelines, our team is located in the Vancouver office and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
This position involves periodic on-call responsibilities. We don't like getting paged, so we build our fault tolerant and root cause problems so we're not paged for the same issue twice. We have a track record extremely low count of pages year-round.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks, while collaborating with our Principal Engineer and other tenured Software Engineers. In addition, you'll get ample opportunities to coach and mentor our more junior engineers and help them grow their skillset.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
This is a -time position, and in normal times, is based in our Vancouver, BC, office located in the heart of downtown with easy access to all forms of public transportation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
• 3+ years of experience with design, networking, architecture, and core technologies.
• 2+ years of experience administering infrastructure and services within AWS.
• 2+ years of experience implementing fully automated CI/CD pipeline through scripting.
• Security-first mindset.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with virtualized infrastructure such as VMware, HyperV or Xen.
• Knowledge of data center concepts and cloud operations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance