GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
At Prime over 150+ million paid members in 20+ countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime membership, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 150 million items.
If you want to work on one of Amazon's most well-recognized and impactful brand programs and you are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you!
Have you ever wondered how Amazon manages to delight our Prime members with personalized experiences at such a massive scale in all in real-time? Are you excited to work on building highly scalable and fault tolerant customer-facing applications? Then this is your opportunity!
The Prime team seeks talented engineers who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers. As a member of the Prime team, you will work closely with the business team to design and implement new features. You will use a variety of core languages and technologies including Java, Python and the latest AWS capabilities!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience in working in high-velocity scale and building systems that scale to handle high volumes of peak traffic
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- • Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from -end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming