Description What to expect as the Solutions Architect at Elastic Path?
As a Solutions Architect, you will bring your extensive experience designing and deploying software solutions for enterprise customers to our ecommerce projects. In this role you will work directly with customers, system integrators, and our own professional services teams to identify solution requirements, turn those requirements into a detailed, implementable architecture and work with developers to deliver the solution. Your excellent Java development skills will be needed to properly understand the Elastic Path platform and you will get your hands dirty with the code base as part of your training and on an ongoing basis. Location:
We are looking for a candidate to be located within Canada or the United States. As such, we have two postings - but only one
open position. This position will be remote from wherever you are located. Elastic Path is currently operating with a work from home model.
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- Participate in high-level requirements-gathering with customers to help identify and prioritize solution requirements
- Provide guidance on design alternatives and their implications (function, cost, complexity etc.) to select the most appropriate design
- Convert the high-level requirements into a complete solutions architecture that the development team can implement. The architecture will specify necessary extensions to existing Elastic Path components and/or bespoke APIs, integrations with external systems, deployment topology, and so forth.
- Communicate the architecture to project stakeholders
- Transition the project to the development team, explain the design and remain available to address questions or problems that arise during implementation
- Participate in constructing architecturally significant aspects of the solution when required
- Assist with pre- and post-sales guidance, time and budget estimates, and the design and coding of proof-of-concept solutions
- Be an architectural and design resource for professional service projects, clients, and partners
- Be a strong advocate for the client's technical need
- Improve efficiency and reduce cost of client projects through identification and harvesting of reusable components
Bonus Points for:
- 10+ years relevant experience which includes 5+ years' experience as an architect designing complex solutions for mid-size and enterprise companies
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, experience with influencing and successfully interfacing with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements
- Significant design, development and delivery experience with large-scale Java EE solutions, REST APIs, databases, web servers, networking, security, etc.
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in an enterprise environment as well as monitoring/analysis tools
- Strategic view across a broad cross-section of technologies with a strong focus on implementation constraints and trade-offs, performance, scalability, and maintainability as they relate specifically to deployments to AWS.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and practices, and experience with integrating external systems such as ERP, CRM, content management systems, payment providers and the payment industry.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required
Who we are:
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques, specifically with Java
- Familiarity with other Ecommerce platforms serverless (Lambda), messaging (JMS, SQS), and containerization (Docker) technologies
- You love to learn and embrace rapidly changing technologies and have a desire to pass that learning onto others
Elastic Path is the company powering mission-critical digital commerce for the world's leading brands, such as Tesla, Intuit, Pella, Deckers Brands, T-Mobile, and over 250 other leading enterprises. We pioneered the Headless Commerce space in 2011 and spearheaded Composable Commerce in 2020. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software.
Our culture is best described as supportive and driven. Our employees are passionate about what they do and work hard. And they are committed to the greater team, always willing to support others.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits, wherever you may be located. You can check out our specific perks by geography on our careers page .
Elastic Path is an equal opportunities employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We value and celebrate diversity in its many forms, and we strive to provide an inclusive and safe workplace where each person feels respected, supported, and accepted - however they choose to identify.
Customer Service and Support