Have you ever bought a 3rd party item at Amazon? Or perhaps sold an old textbook or extra copy of a movie? Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com, with about a third of all items being sold by 3rd party merchants. The Merchant Transit Data Service team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions to enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are the team develops the next generation regional shipping platform.
We are looking for high caliber and tested Software Development Manager to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer -- Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming