Ads is one of Amazon's fastest-growing areas!
Our team, the Worldwide Advertiser Success Engineering (WASE) team is leading the way with a focus on accelerating workflows and scaling the Ads pipeline.
The team is looking for a motivated Software Development Manager (SDM) with a proven track record. You'll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems. We're a fast-growing team with lots of opportunities for advancement. No chance of getting bored!
A successful manager in this role is:
• Team obsessed: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You foster a creative atmosphere letting engineers innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
• Highly analytical: You solve problems in innovative ways that help us achieve our success metrics. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
• You're ambitious, yet humble: You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement and use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar.
• Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps with a goal of delivering value to our customers.
• Build and grow your team: You'll hire and lead an engineering team that delivers results. You'll be an example of Amazon's leadership principles and work to grow more leaders within your group.
• Own technical vision and direction: You identify problems and develop solutions; you embrace performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well things are running.
• Collaborate on product direction: You'll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (e.g. Product, User Experience) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product(s) for our customers.
• Lead beyond your team: You will be a key part of a small but growing community of engineering leaders who support their teams and contribute to the overall growth of our product development organization. You'll share your experience and technical acumen in order to drive technology decisions across our organization.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Mastery of computer science fundamentals: object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
- Advanced degree (MS/ME/PhD) in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience building production systems with material customer or revenue impact, especially in the retail/advertising domain
- Experience building systems in AWS
- Rigorous testing discipline and exposure to continuous integration and deployment
- Strong sense of ownership and drive, operational focus
- Sharp problem solving skills and ability to resolve ambiguous requirements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming