Have you ever wondered what it's like to build the unified authoring solutions for petabyte scale analytical systems? Here's an opportunity just for you!
The Business Data Technologies (BDT) in Vancouver, BC is looking for a Software Development Manager (L6) with strong technical acumen and plenty of bias for action! You'll build a 2-pizza team responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of a brand-new unified authoring solution. The service will support one of Amazon's largest data lakes and its supplementary services for data analytics, governance, and lineage.
In this green-field software development charter, you will solve significantly complex data processing and visualization challenges and collaborate with customers and stakeholders across the organization to deliver a cohesive and easy-to-use authoring experience. You will also explore the use of analytics and intelligent automation to identify and reduce authoring and deployment time, helping Amazon to spin the virtuous flywheel of greater selection at a lower price. To that end, we have plan to incorporate AI based deployment vision on the team, as well as a dedicated program and product management team to help executing on the vision.
You will have freedom to learn and be curious about new and emerging technologies you can harness to deliver faster and more effectively. You will grow in your role by owning a part of Amazon's foundational technologies, with ample access to senior Amazon talent and Principal Engineers. You will be challenged with ambiguity and will delight customers when you deliver. You will be empowered to design the most effective engineering practices for delivery with iteration. You will build an inclusive environment that boosts individual creativity. Most importantly, you will have fun while tackling really hard problems!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Key job responsibilities
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working backwards from the customer translation complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design.
• Deliver systems and features on schedule with high quality
• Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
• Mentor of junior engineers
• Work across teams to drive overall technical strategyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Experience in the complete software development life cycle, including raising the bar on, and designing for, operational excellence.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including Redshift, S3, Glue, and similar technologies.
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources, especially from data lakes.
• Experience leveraging data lineage to improve improve the maintainability of software.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming