Looking for a job where your work can have direct impact on a big industry? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS Services? Come join a team that is building new applications from the ground up.
AWS Productivity Applications bring the power of AWS to intuitive applications that use technology like machine learning and robust analytics to help our customers stay ahead of their changing business needs. Our growing portfolio of business applications leverages the power and scale of AWS services to remove the undifferentiated heavy lifting that business users spend too much time on.
The AWS Productivity Applications team is working on a new initiative designed to help professionals be more productive. As part of our team, you will play a key role in defining and developing the next generation of applications that will be used by millions of people every day. You will be responsible for designing, building, and operating key pieces of customer-facing functionality and will work closely with senior technical leaders across within the team and across AWS. Our team has a very collaborative and high energy environment and is located in Seattle. Come join us to make the difference!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years managing a development team, including hiring, coaching, mentoring and promoting SDEs
• 5+ years of experience in a technical role in the industry, including contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Excellent problem solving skills and sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Candidate must have strong written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
• Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, and API Gateway.
• Proven success in solving complex technical challenges and building reliable customer facing systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related technical/scientific field
• Experience building and operating large scale distributed systems
• Relevant experience in building large scale machine learning or deep learning models and/or systems
• Experience building models with deep learning frameworks like MXNet, Tensorflow, Keras, Caffe, PyTorch, or similar
• Experience in using Python or other programming languages
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming