The AWS Utilization and Coverage services are used by millions of visitors each year to understand the value and utilization of commitment-based contracts. A commitment-based contract allows the AWS customer to save up-to 72% compared to On-Demand rate in exchange for a commitment to a specific usage. The team is responsible for processing trillions of events to determine if a customer is utilizing their existing commitments and determining if there is an opportunity to save even more money and then making the results of the calculations available by responding to billions of API requests.
We are looking for an engineering leader who is strong in hiring and coaching as can spur innovation by setting a bold multi-year vision for the team. In this role you will participate in defining your team's roadmap, directly hire and coach engineers, advice and validate your team's architecture to ensure you believe in the architecture your team is building, and build relationships with key stakeholders. Put simply, we are looking for somebody to put their stamp on the organization and expand the scope of the team to include frontend experiences and other evaluating other cost savings opportunities at scale.
Key job responsibilities
In this role you will participate in defining your team's roadmap, directly hire and coach engineers, advice and validate your team's architecture to ensure you believe in the architecture your team is building, represent your teams in operational review meetings, and build relationships with key stakeholders.
A day in the life
The average day of an engineering manager is split between unblocking the team, following up on a customer affecting issue, hiring or coaching the team, and defining a future vision or reviewing a system design proposal.
About the team
You will be the manager for a team in the wider AWS Insights organization. The AWS Insights organization is dedicated to helping the customer grok AWS spend, predict future spend, optimizing the cost of running systems, optimizing the financial commitments, and be alerted when costs are unexpected. We help millions of AWS customers get more value for less cost.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
- Masters in Software Engineering or Business Administration
- Familiarity with LEAN and SCRUM software processes
- FullStack development experience
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch, OpenSearch, Lambda, Step Functions, S3
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming