Are you passionate about enabling millions of customers around to world buy anything, anywhere, anytime? Dealing with large scale distributed systems, orchestrating the entire retail ordering workflow?
We, the ordering team, need strong software development engineers, able to dive deep into abstract problems and come up with innovative designs to help us continuously make our platform ready for our current and future challenges.
SDEs at Amazon work on real world problems on a global scale, own their systems end to end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts hundreds of millions customers around the world. At Amazon an SDE can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, and work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing by utilizing your skills in data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming. Come to Amazon and work in one of our teams in the eCommerce services group.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ year relevant work experience
• 3+ or more years' experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in OO design, data structures and algorithm design
• Proficiency in a modern programming language such as C++ or Java
• Excellent team player
• Strong communication skills both verbal and writtenPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems architecture, algorithms, and relational databases
• Experience with Data warehouse technologies
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
• Experience with system architecture/design
• Experience with distributed systems operating in a scalable/high volume environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming