Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At AWS, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world's most beloved brands - customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our Software Development Engineers (SDEs) use cutting-edge technology to solve complex problems and get to see the impact of their work first-hand.
The challenges SDEs solve for at AWS are big and influence millions of customers and their customers around the world. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company where development cycles are measured in weeks, not years.
If this sounds interesting to you, apply and come chart your own path at AWS.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/
Key job responsibilities
• Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring innovative products and services to market.
• Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
• Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
• Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
• Design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
• Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software.
About the team
We work across all areas of Loss mitigation including our core data solution, insights and reporting, machine learning driven payment risk assessment, non-payment suspension, retrocharge etc. and the operational systems to support each of these areas. As a multi-functional team of experts, we deliver scaled solutions to be used globally.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
• Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Previous technical internship(s).
• Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
• Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
• Effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming