Amazon's Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a key-value-oriented interface to an infinitely scalable and durable storage system. We build and run the largest commercial storage system in the world. AWS S3 stores trillions of objects and regularly services millions of requests per second.
S3 Index team is looking for a passionate, experienced software engineer to build the next generation of S3 Indexing . As a member of the S3 Index team you will be tackling some of the hardest computer science problems. You will be building that can handle wildly varying access patterns initiated by our users.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale . You should be somebody who enjoys working on hard computing problems, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed of opportunities.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our organizations members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work life balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
Candidates must have one of the following:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM)
• 2 years towards an undergraduate/graduate STEM degree with 2+ years of technical troubleshooting experience
• Associate's degree in STEM with 2+ years of technical troubleshooting experience
• Graduate from a coding bootcampPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
• 1 year of programming experience in Java / C++ (or equivalent OO language)
• 1 year experience building and operating scalable distributed systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming