Come make the world more secure
The Amazon Macie team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of objects and petabytes of information. You will get opportunity to lead and contribute to the expansion of Macie's core classification capabilities (Machine Learning and Regular Expression based). You will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable. You will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
This is a full-stack development position, leaning towards back-end work.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Currently the whole team works remotely with highly flexible working hours. We generally try and keep overlap time from 10am to 4pm, however it's very easy to take time off even during this time. We look forward to coming back to the office once possible again.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stag / 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 1 an d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience de la programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation de logiciels / Programming experience with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java, Python, C++, or similar object oriented language
- 3+ years of working knowledge of data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 1+ years of experience leading the delivery of large-scale distributed systems
- Machine Learning and Deep Learning experience will be a plus.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Math, or some other algorithmic-centric discipline
- Experience with computer security
- Deep knowledge of AWS services and infrastructure
- Experience with scalable, API based agent or service oriented software architecture
- Experience with agile development or similar methodologies for continuous development of product and technology
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming