AWS Lambda (https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/) is changing how businesses of any size think about computing in the cloud. Lambda functions offer customers a "serverless" way to create applications. Developers build scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without thinking about infrastructure, capacity management, or large-scale deployments. Many of the hard problems of distributed systems development are abstracted away by Lambda's simple programming paradigm, so that our customers can focus on solving business problems.
Lambda Frontend Routing Service team owns key components that route customer traffic to their resources within Lambda. Frontend Routing maintains Lambda DNS records, certificates and proxy mechanisms to get traffic to the right internal endpoints. Lambda Frontend Routing is also part of the new Lambda Invoke Routing org effort to build and evolve our current system to support the growing scale and availability challenges in AWS Lambda. If you are passionate about large-scale distributed system, you will have opportunities to help Lambda's customers forget about their infrastructure.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for designing, building and operating massively scalable services. You will have the opportunity to work with and learn from some of the most experienced engineers in AWS, as you solve deep, technical problems in one of the biggest and fastest growing distributed systems (https://youtu.be/QdzV04T_kec).
If this sounds appealing to you, then join us in making Lambda the most successful compute platform on the planet!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or IT related technical discipline OR in place of 5+ years of relevant industry software engineering experience.
• 2+ years of non-internship industry software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#, etc. including object-oriented design.
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building and operating a large scale distributed system
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
Software and Programming