Kumo provides technology and trusted expertise that intelligently anticipate and resolve AWS customer needs, helping them adopt, optimize and operate within the AWS cloud at scale. Kumo's products, used by AWS customers and the support teams that help them, are vital to ensuring exceptional customer experiences on AWS. Kumo works across all AWS Customers from big & diverse enterprise's like movie streaming services and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration to smaller customers as they move their infrastructure to the cloud. Kumo interacts with all AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, Redshift, DynamoDB and others.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our teams are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We're looking for new teammates who are enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; engineers who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
About the team
The AWS Kumo Software team combines the culture of a startup, the innovation and creativity of an R&D Lab, an excellent work-life balance, and technical challenges at the scale of AWS. We offer a playground of opportunities for builders to build and make history!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 3+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with mastery of one or more relevant languages (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming