Are you interested in creating security solutions that are secure but easy for customers to implement? Customers need to encrypt data-in-transit, and the number of pathways they need to encrypt is increasing exponentially. The AWS Encryption in Transit team develops custom solutions that make provisioning Transport Layer Security (TLS) easy. This role taps into your system, application, and creative development skills, using low- and high-level languages like Rust and Java to build efficient solutions. Security is the #1 concern of customers moving to the cloud and the AWS Cryptography team is dedicated to providing the security features our customers need.
We are a fun-loving group of creative engineers solving interesting problems associated with encryption. You and a team will work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing, implementing, and operating services. You will own and shape the growth of multiple new components and features, thus providing you the opportunity to speed up your learning in an environment that values work life balance.
Your responsibilities include:
- Building a scalable global security service that is core to most AWS services.
- Working as part of cross-functional teams to develop secure solutions for our customers.
- Being hands on and working with others to manage the day-to-day development and operation activities, take part in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Communicating with influential customers to both explain the technology and understand requirements.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider-from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find mentors that work best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Independently solves complex problems by utilizing experience and other resources
- Design data structures that meet the application requirements
- Distributed systems experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming