Amazon Freight's mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage. Our technical journey has just started, and this is your chance to be part of a fast-growing business with a number of foundational problems to solve to help get the business to scale.
The Amazon Freight Planning Platform is looking for bright and excited engineers to join our team to build key services that will help us scale to a billion dollar business.
Key job responsibilities
You'll work on a team that designs and develops systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in using computer science fundamentals to build quality software that scales, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. We prefer engineers who can thrive in a fast paced, high energy and fun work environment where we deliver value incrementally and frequently.
A day in the life
- As a part of a agile sprint team, your daily tasks would include participating in sprint ceremonies such as daily standups, bi-weekly grooming, planning and sprint retros.
- You will collaborate with other engineers to solve complex problems with activities such as coding, brainstorming, solution designs and code reviews
- You will interact with product stakeholders, technical Program managers, engineers from sister teams continuously to understand and refine requirements, validate contracts and build solutions towards a common goal and vision.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices in software development, coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processing, testing and operations
- Experience in data structures and algorithm design, and problem solving
These qualifications are preferred but are not required
- Masters degree in computer science
- 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience building and operating highly available, 24x7 services
- Working experience in AWS technologies such as dynamoDB, SNS, SQS
- Experience with workflow technologies
- Experience building and operating globally distributed systems
- Strong, object-oriented and coding skills (Java or C# )
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming