For millions of customers worldwide, the Amazon name is synonymous with delivery - and the Delivery Experience (DEX) team provides those customers with innovative ways to get what they want, when and how they want it.
We combine customer impact with retail invention, solving huge technical challenges along the way. DEX defines, builds, launches and manages customer-facing delivery programs and features across all of Amazon, including Prime 2-day shipping, Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery, One-Day Shipping, No Rush, Free Shipping over $25, and inventions yet to come. We own systems that power retail delivery (both customer-facing and back-end), leveraging company-wide technology solutions or designing them from the ground up. Together, DEX is changing how customers experience delivery - from the speed, convenience, and selection features they see on the site every day, to launching Prime delivery benefits and other new programs to customers around the world.
Within the larger DEX team, the Checkout Delivery Experience (CDEX) service team is responsible for providing the delivery options to our customers world wide in the Checkout and Post Checkout flows. This critical service helps customers select delivery options that offer the fastest, cheapest, and most convenient delivery; personalized per each customer's preferred delivery destination, Prime membership status, and more.
This is a great position for someone who likes backend development and Service-Oriented , but wants to see and measure their direct impact on customers. As a Software Development Engineer in our team, you'll need an ability to design scalable solutions to new challenges, spanning multiple systems, some outside your team's ownership, and to effectively share your technical vision with others. You will be working with multiple teams across the company, so collaboration skills are a must. If you're creative, talented, have a strong sense of ownership, enjoy solving complex problems with an impact on all of Amazon's customers, we have got the role for you!
Individuals interested in this position should have practical experience in building high-performance, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment. The ideal candidate will have expertise in building back-end services in a modern programming language and in service API design.
Key job responsibilities
• Design, build and launch software solutions to difficult problems. Create, modify, or retire software owned by your team or a partner team.
• Review teammates' code and design contributions.
• Mentor junior engineers and help them improve their skills.
• Lead or participate in design reviews, metrics and ticket reviews, sprint planning and retrospectives, etc.
• When on-call, resolve operational issues impacting your team's services.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of team's engineering and operational practices.
• Provide technical support to partner teams to help them deliver on shared initiatives.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years professional experience in software development.
• Completed Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Computer Science fundamentals in software design.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, Go, C#, Python, or Rust.
• Experience in collaborating across teams to build scalable and fault tolerant solutions.
• Experience in taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build, testing, and operations.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective software engineers.
• Experience in influencing best practices within your team.
• Experience in implementing a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
• Experience in building services on cloud platforms such as AWS.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming