Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains and are looking for people that will help us shape the future of Alexa.
You will have an opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for someone passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, who demonstrates strong product ownership and is willing to think in new ways to solve difficult problems.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design and architecture of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Will establish design principles, select design patterns and mentor junior team members
- Will help to define and push for the best possible end-user experience
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with OO design/development
- Experience driving projects from concept to prototype and finally implementation
- Experience in developing in one or more of object oriented programming languages such as C++, Java, C#
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming