Are you interested in building hyper-scale database services in the cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way databases are built for the cloud ? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Aurora is an exciting new area of innovation for AWS, and the PostgreSQL-compatible edition of Amazon Aurora is built on one of the most active code bases in the open source community. The PostgreSQL-compatible version of Amazon Aurora is a relational database which offers enterprise-class performance, availability and durability to our customers, along with the management benefits of RDS. We are one of the fastest growing businesses within Amazon Web Services. We are currently spread across Seattle, Boston and Bangalore.
If you're an engineer who is looking to grow, come on board! We have one of the most senior teams in AWS - and our senior engineers are eager to brainstorm, mentor, and get software built together. We build software, we patent new things, and we attend conferences around the world to learn even more. We have challenging problems to solve in distributed systems, concurrency, database internals, caching, query optimization, languages, and performance engineering.
Amazon Aurora PostgreSQL Engine team is looking for experienced technical experts in relational databases and large scale storage system technologies, who are excited about building large scale database systems that run across thousands of servers across multiple data centres worldwide. These are core systems development positions where you will own the design and development of significant system software components critical to our industry leading database services architected for the cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed database systems that provide availability, reliability and performance guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer and systems designer with a good track record of delivering and also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to deliver a service that has a broad business impact.
We intend to be the world's best and fastest database, built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey! For more information about Aurora, please visit http://aws.amazon.com/rds/aurora.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Plus de 2 ans d'expérience professionnelle en développement de logiciels, hors stag / 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Plus de 1 an d'expérience en lien avec la conception ou à l'architecture du système (architecture, modèles de conception, fiabilité et mise à l'échelle) de systèmes nouveaux et actuels / 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Expérience de la programmation avec au moins un langage de programmation de logiciels / Programming experience with at least one software programming language
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong coding skills in Python on a Unix/Linux platform
- Proficiency designing software services
- Understanding of relational databases, SQL, and noSQL databases
- Ability to work well with a team
- Track record of hitting software development milestones and business objectives
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience operating large scale systems
- Knowledge of OS and Database internals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with automation of large scale environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming