Building AWS scale distributed systems to process zettabytes of streaming data sounds exciting to you? Do you think AI/ML, security, observability and streaming big data is the future that you want to be part of and help create it? Can you operate at scale and still keep the agility of software development to ensure you are delivering code to production and delighting customers with new features and services? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, massively scalable services technology in a fast-paced team environment?
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to develop, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use
About the team
Amazon CloudWatch Logs allows AWS users to ingest their application and AWS logs in a highly scalable, durable, and reliable service for enterprise scale; find and analyze the right log data to solve operational problems; generate metrics and alarms from their log events; or send log data to other downstream systems. On the CloudWatch Logs team you'll get to build critical monitoring services that impact every single AWS customer, both internally and externally - there's not many team's that can say that!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Currently enrolled in Associate's Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
- Enrolled in, or received a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Previous technical internship(s)
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming