Backup is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to grow this service and help with adding features and integration with other services. If you're an applications engineer, and you have the skills to create large web applications that are backed by, then we are looking for you.
You should be a leader excelling in communication, ownership and customer focus. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a team designing a solution within a fast growing business, shape the technology, product and the business. You should bring deep technical and software expertise, the ability to work in a fast moving, startup environment, the ability to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact and the ability to create software that achieves its operational goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be clearly passionate about start-up-like opportunities
- Have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products in -based architectures
- Care about the quality of their code and delight end-users with top-notch user experience
- Mentor junior team members
- Have strong OO and experience with deep knowledge of the use of web services and front-end development
- Demonstrate strong ownership of their work
This role relies on your abilities to test, launch and operate highly (in the form of micro services). In this role, you will build new features, identify and investigate new technologies, prototype solutions, and test and review changes, to deliver an exceptional customer experience. You will also get the opportunity to work with other partner services.
- Design, deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to transform service security, durability, availability, performance and cost.
- Using software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables
- Effectively estimating time to design
- Consistently making simpler
- Solving big problems with a lot of ambiguity
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science related fields OR 1+ years equivalent experience in software development
- Experience building scalable, available, low-latency systems, and translating customer requirements into working application designs and code
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with distributed systems architecture and related technology
- Experience with AWS or other cloud services
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as EC2, EBS, and S3
- Strong problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 1 year software development experience required.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming