Do you want to be part of a team building a recently launched AWS service from the ground up? Do you enjoy solving real-world problems with emerging technologies? If you'd like to setup design practices, think of user experience as the entire user journey, believe that user feedback must be part of the design process - not an afterthought, and like to insist on the highest standard on every design deliverable, then we may just have the role for you.
With Amazon Location Service, customers can easily add capabilities such as maps, points of interest, geocoding, geofences, and tracking to applications. They retain control of their location data, so that they can combine proprietary data with data from the service without their private information ever leaving their AWS account. Amazon Location provides cost-effective location-based services using high-quality data from global, trusted providers Esri and HERE. With Amazon Location's affordable data, tracking and geofencing capabilities, and built-in metrics for health monitoring, customers can bring sophisticated location-enabled applications to production quickly, without the high cost of custom development.
We are looking for a senior UX Designer to establish the Amazon Location design processes, work with product management to set design priorities, establish user feedback mechanisms including data funnels and in-person studies, and support front end developers with pixel-perfect designs and UX sign-off. You will also represent Amazon Location to the larger AWS design community by engaging in best practices and owning sign-off processes.
The senior UX designer will:
• Establish a design process that integrates continuous user feedback
• Create a vision for a user experience (console, API, SDKs) that is strongly differentiated for both the overall customer journey and for each new feature.
• Propose design patterns that are reusable across the console, consistent, and scale.
• Be the expert at the existing design components and use them effectively to produce user flows, wireframes, prototypes, user interface specifications, and reference materials
• initiate and manage user experience research and testing
• judiciously balance between extensive testing and expert recommendations
• partner closely with product management to set design priorities and develop a shared vision of requirements for the product experience
• partner closely with the engineering team to ensure UX requirements are reflected in the product
• elevate the AWS UX design practice through contributions and mentorship of junior designers
This is a rare opportunity to join the founding team for an AWS service built in Vancouver.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 6+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer or interaction designer
• 4+ years of experience working with product management and engineering to drive a shared vision
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of deliverables
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years experience working on a technical product where software developers are the customer
• Experience working on products in cloud technology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Creative and Graphic Design