In the Amazon Recruiting Engine (RE) organization, we are customer obsessed and think big. On our journey to lead the recruiting industry, we build new ways for modeling the Amazon Recruiting Experience. As part of the Amazon People Experience Team (PXT), we directly influence the future growth of Amazon.
As a Senior TPM, you will own the design and delivery of software and services for recruiting initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and great customer experiences. You will be expected to gather business and systems requirements from internal and external stakeholders, write specifications, drive project schedules from design to release, and manage the production launch. You will work with our talented development teams to remove road blocks and sustain a high development velocity.
This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with researchers, product managers, experience designers, engineering leaders and developers from across the Recruiting Engine organization and with key partner teams. You will be expected to regularly present to leadership on the overall status of key strategic initiatives, overall project risks and articulate recommended mitigation paths.
We're looking for someone who possesses a solid TPM background, has experience leading large projects, and has a strong technical background. We're looking for someone who can keep their eye on the ball and not let anything fall through the cracks. Being able to deal with ambiguity, anticipate bottlenecks, escalate when needed, set realistic (yet aggressive) expectations, and clearly communicate to all levels of stakeholders are key requirements. Ultimately delivery is at the heart of this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Amazon. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent industry experience
- 6+ years of technical program management experience
- Experience managing projects across cross-functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to all organizational levels
- Experience and proficiency with web technologies and tools
- Strong customer focus and ability to demonstrate pragmatic decision-making
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in non-technical aspects including idea generation, business analysis, and process optimization
Software and Programming Management and Executive