Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. It services millions of customers, from startups to enterprises, in more than 190 countries and powers the developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive levels of scale. Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is an object storage service in AWS that offers industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance. With trillions of objects under management for applications such as websites, mobile applications, backups, archives, IoT devices, and big data analytics, we are one of the most successful services anywhere. But, we're not resting on our laurels. It's still the early days for cloud computing, and there are boundless opportunities to continue to redefine the world of storage.
Amazon S3 is looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to lead an area of strategic importance to the S3 business as part of the S3 Frontend organization. You will interface daily with product managers, engineers, and management teams across AWS. You can expect to work across different AWS teams to drive cross-organization customer-facing feature deliveries and lead programs that directly impact and improve the S3 customer experience. You will need to think across the entire lifecycle of a program and feature delivery and be able to put in place scalable mechanisms that drive results. You will need to be hands on and capable of thinking about S3 just like a developer. Our focus is on delivering cutting-edge solutions that delight our customers at massive scale, and for critical workloads that power our customer's businesses. Come and help us do that!
Work-life Balance Our team works together to provide work/life balance for all team members. We recognize that the circumstances of our team members vary, and we balance work across the team so we're all able to maintain standards on behalf of our customers, while at the same time allowing for rich and happy personal lives.
On-Call Responsibility S3 services are highly available, but there are times when we occasionally stray away from our normal operations. To minimize the impact of such excursions, we have on-call rotations. However, we set these up so there are focused time periods when you are on-call and when you are not, so you can focus on your day job when not on-call.
Mentorship & Career Growth We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level, etc. We can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Inclusive Team Culture We have a diverse team and drive towards an inclusive culture and work environment. Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Our team members are active in Amazon's 10+ affinity groups, sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. These range from groups such as the Black Employee Network, Amazon Women and Engineering, and LGBTQ+.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage cross-team and cross-organization delivery of long-term customer-facing programs
- Work with the product management and engineering team to identify technical requirements, limitations, and bottlenecks
- Create the strategy for, and manage, externally facing customer feedback programs
- Meet with internal and external customers to understand future requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Mathematics, other related fields, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience in security, software engineering, compliance, or process management work in support of a technical environment
- Experience in managing complex projects or programs at scale
- You are a natural analyst
- Your curiosity leads to you dive into new areas and learn everything you can
- You are comfortable exploring new technologies
- You are quick to understand new concepts and incorporate new tools into your repertoire
- You are able to dive into deep technical design discussions, summarize complex trade-offs and options, and make data-driven recommendations
- You have a clear understanding of cloud computing services and deployment architecture
- You are a skilled writer, you have excellent instincts and judgement
- You quickly earn the trust and respect of your colleagues and customers by relentlessly delivering on your commitments
- You lead by example, and hold yourself and those around you to the highest standards
- You have a track record of delivering technical programs, projects, and products in a highly technical environment
- You are comfortable designing and owning a product roadmap, and your project execution is near flawless
- You have a strong work ethic based on your desire to exceed expectations
- You have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a very fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- You have strong bias for action with ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming Management and Executive