Senior Solutions Architect
At Rogers, the entrepreneurial spirit is part of our DNA. Our Rogers Business teams help foster and grow the Canadian economy by supporting businesses of all sizes. From small to large-scale enterprises, our teams help deliver innovative technology, network services, and a suite of solutions to help them succeed. We offer Canada's largest and most reliable 5G network for our customers and are proud leaders in wireless private networking and IoT! We continuously expand and evolve our networks, invest in new technology capabilities, and invest in our people to serve our business customers and their communities.
Come play a key role in driving the future of business innovation in Canada. We are looking for team members with a passion for delivering industry-leading value to customers and supporting businesses in the communities where we live and work.
Are you up for the challenge? If so, consider the following opportunity:What you will do:
What you bring:
- Provide expert-levelsupport related to core network technology within our service provider-client networks, including switching and routing technology. This includes support of MPLS (L2VPN, VPLS, MEF, etc.), layer 2 and layer 3 protocols such as BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, multicast routing, etc.
- Perform a technical analysis of client networks related to support, audits, and proactive maintenance.
- Provide support related to access technology deployments within client networks, including Metro Ethernet, Firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Provide Tier 3 support to our ISP clients and diagnose and resolve service impacting issues, with the understanding that at times this work may be required after regular business hours.
- Execute scheduled maintenance activities on customer core networks with the understanding that this work is typically performed during early morning time slots.
- Participate as a member of our team responding to customer support requirements during regular business hours between 9AM-5PM Eastern Monday - Friday.
- Availability to respond to internal escalations after-hours when required.
- Participate in pre-sales efforts with sales team related to new network opportunities. This includes pre-sales meetings, sales engineering efforts and building technical documents.
- Promote a positive attitude and present a professional and expert level of support for clients.
Nice to have:
- 3 years minimum job experience in ISP network environment.
- Advanced level knowledge in network design.
- Advanced level knowledge of MPLS, OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, Multicast, IPv6, and other related layer 2 and layer 3 network protocols.
- Advanced level knowledge of Juniper and Cisco operating systems including Junos, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, NX-OS, etc.
- Expert level knowledge in network support and troubleshooting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Willingness to learn.
Work remotely As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Python and other Network Automation concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of RPKI, IPv6, NAT64, and DDoS-mitigation concepts a plus.
- Knowledge of IRR and ARIN administration a plus.
- Juniper certifications in Service Provider Routing and Switch track
- Cisco certifications in Service Provider track
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 7 Innovation Drive (7747), Dundas, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Network Design
Requisition ID: 271124
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Dundas, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Pre-Sales, Solution Architect, Telecom, Cisco, Network, Sales, Technology
Information Technology Sales and Marketing