The Amazon Consumer Payments organization has several positions available for creative and independent engineers with a passion for scalable, high-performance services to define and build Amazon's Payments Acceptance & Experience systems and launch new payment methods across Amazon's global portfolio. You will use your experience to drive innovative, customer-focused payment solutions to provide local paying experiences for Amazon's customers around the globe.
As an engineering leader in the Amazon Payments Engineering Team, you will be the technical leader to invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a massively scalable, rock-solid platform solution using object-oriented Java on AWS technologies. We are a fast-paced environment, using agile methodology and lightweight SOA design patterns. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
Amazon Payments Engineering builds systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new innovation team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc. We will work with our networks and issuers to define and lead the payment experience for the industry.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver software that has broad business impact. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and start on the FinTech innovation.
Key job responsibilities
As a Sr. Software Development Engineer, you will:
- Define, design, and implement multi-tier distributed services that secure and handle customers' payment data, lead new initiatives such as mobile payments, and provide first-class customer experience on Amazon's websites and mobile devices.
- Lead in designing, implementing, and testing of major features in the next generation of Amazon's payments platform.
- Estimate engineering effort, plan implementation, and rollout system changes that meet requirements for functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, and adherence to development goals and principles.
- Effectively collaborate in a fast paced environment with multiple teams in large organization (software development, QA, Project/Release Management, Build and Release, etc).
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of educationPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of professional software development experience
• MS in computer science or equivalent strongly preferred.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience with system architecture/design, distributed systems operating in a scalable /high volume environment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Strong written/spoken communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming