633 Main Str, Suites 100 &200
Job Family Group:
Commercial Sales & Service
Facilitates growth initiatives for the Bank through significant business development and excellent management of key client relationships. Maintains an outstanding and continuous record of significant revenue generation from sales and syndications. Ensures the required internal control standards, including adherence to audit, regulatory and compliance policies.
We're here to help
- Generates significant revenue for the bank over a sustained period of time and recognizes revenue opportunities to cross-sell bank products for all areas of the Bank.
- Leads the deal team in executing pitches to prospective clients with efforts to maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Delivers highly reliable activities in instituting cross-selling initiatives to clients across all areas of the firm and transitioning them into sales.
- Provides deal structuring expertise and additional expertise as knowledge base and needs dictate.
- Negotiates transactions with clients on highly complex matters.
- Identifies issues, gaps and process improvements through open communication both internally and with other bank areas, and through the monitoring of productivity against benchmarks.
- Collaborates to generate ideas, identify client solutions, pursue sector marketing efforts, cover clients, and deliver timely solutions.
- Oversees documentation and ongoing monitoring of asset and client performance.
- Obtains credit concurrence and coordinates pricing approval as client advocate.
- Actively works with specialists as needed to support successful syndication and sales.
- Reinforces sales process and client experience, identifies gaps, issues and best practices.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Collaborates across BMO to develop communications strategies and ensure consistency of messaging, in order to positively influence or change behaviour.
- Determines and deploys equipment, processes and human resources, and optimize the allocation of resources.
- Develops, implements and reviews a plan to complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner to acceptable quality standards and in accordance with bank guidelines.
- Acts as daily sales contact for clients on sales related questions such as product information, pricing, implementation timeframes and requirements.
- Gathers data to advance sale process and completes all required documentation.
- Assists team in pre-sales activities such as pitch preparation, client research, preparation of prospect and client files for further action.
- Tracks implementation requests to keep the process on track with timelines.
- Tracks Internal reports and recommends improvements to sales support materials based on findings and feedback.
- Compiles pre-call and post call information packages by accessing internal systems and bank personnel to validate client holdings, pricing, and volumes.
- Provides research and data gathering to sales team to facilitate solution to the client's/prospect's business and needs.
- Assists with sales and service administration and processing ensuring client experience is seamless and opportunities are identified and met.
- Maintains current client information on Bank system/files to ensure client history is accurate and complete.
- Ensures accurate billing to clients.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The incumbent must possess an in-depth level of Credit knowledge and skills and an in-depth level of Portfolio Management knowledge and skills according to the standards established within the Credit Qualification Process Policies & Procedures.
- An undergraduate degree. Focal areas of finance, economics, or accounting preferred.
- CPA or MBA or equivalent experience in finance, accounting and business law.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in negotiating and structuring financial transactions.
- Minimum of 15 years in financial services industry experience in a corporate lending environment with solid achievements in developing business.
- Formal credit training and prior lending authority.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing