Permanent Primary Location:
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada All Available Locations:
Fredericton; Halifax; Moncton; St. John's
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
A career in the Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice will offer you the opportunity to:
- Increase the confidence and understanding of public sector financial information
- Participate and lead a number of unique and challenging engagements to advise public sector organizations
- Work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their respective areas of expertise
- Develop client focused solutions through research and discussion, in our teams and with clients
- Continue your professional development and to reinforce and expand your chosen career path
- Work with high profile clients
Intersted in developing your career in Assurance, Public Sector? Looking for a fast growing and challenging enviornment? Apply to the position below!What will your typical day look like?
As a Senior Manager in our practice, you will:
About the team
- Lead client projects to servce clients and/ or support local office teams across the country, as the opportunity arises
- Review and contribute to the planning and execution of Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory projects
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients,
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Lead market and eminence initiatives, including the development of new service offerings, responding to client requests through proposal writing, and developing of marketing campaigns within the practice
Deloitte's Public Sector Accounting, Finance, and Transaction Advisory practice aims to support organizations by providing confidence in financial information used for decision-making and communications by:
- Providing complex accounting and transaction expertise and accounting standards implementation services
- Providing finance operating model assessments, finance process mapping / redesign, and "Fix Finance" projects (designed to remediate or upgrade finance processes, controls, documentation, systems and tools), and CFO / finance effectiveness workshops.
Our practice objective is to enable finance functions to be successful and enhance the value that finance functions can bring to their organizations.
We are looking for professionals who have experience working with public sector organizations, and who are passionate about making an impact by advising public sector clients. We are looking for candidates who have expertise and/or are conversant in Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) IFRS and NPO (Not-for-Profit). Enough about us, let's talk about you
- Must have a CPA, CA designation or equivalency and possess a minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience
- Must possess strong project management discipline and structure, with proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Experience in the public sector industry is a strong preference
- Demonstrated experience with broad advisory skillsets, including project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Capacity to think critically about issues from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons of different options, proposed solution) and aptitude in researching better practices and interpretive guidance
- Effective consensus building, conflict resolution, and team-building skills, including being a role model for others and imparting knowledge and experience to staff members
- A desire to leverage technology in performing work, including running virtual projects, leading collaboration tools, driving efficiencies in data analysis through Excel, VBA etc.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan . We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Manufacturing and Production