You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity
Are you a talented and proven leader who motivates teams and provides exceptional customer service?
We are looking for a Senior Manager to join our dynamic Atlantic Audit team based in St. John, New Brunswick. Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
As part of the management team, you will be required to lead KPMG's audit teams and ensure the correct accounting practices and methodologies are applied to our clients. Clients will look to you to add value to their business throughout the audit engagement. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career while managing relationships with clients, practice leaders and junior staff. Join a winning team! What you will do
- Oversee and manage both large and small audits by applying KPMG's audit and accounting practices/methodologies on client engagements.
- Participate in the practice group to assist in implementing the business plan.
- Work with members of the assurance management group to meet the goals of the assurance financial plan.
- Apply project management skills to ensure engagements are completed within budget and time constraints.
- Counsel, train, and mentor audit staff.
- Apply data analytics procedures and concepts to risk and transaction identification.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to Your Success
- Must have obtained a Canadian CPA designation or International equivalent.
- 8+ years experience within a public practice accounting firm.
- Knowledge of Canadian auditing standards, ASPE
- Demonstrated ability to leverage staff through effective delegation.
- Willingness to build a client base and add revenue.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mentoring and performance management skills.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Mentoring and developing team members through performance management.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-ER1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.