Permanent Reference code
:100401 Primary Location:
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada All Available Locations:
Saint John; Fredericton; Halifax; Moncton Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
What will your typical day look like?
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
- Be part of a firm that leads the way and pushes themselves to look like contemporary Canada.
As a Senior Manager in the Assurance group, you will:
About the team
- Review and contrinbue to the planning and execution of projects, inlcuding management of engagement economics
- Contribute to business development
- Preparation and/or review of complex accounting and process memorandums under IFRS, ASPE and U.S. GAAP
- Review client deliverables prepared by junior staff and develop staff skillsets related to Technical Knowledge, Communication skills, Leadership and Project Management
- Opportunities may arise to serve clients and / or support local office teams around the country and / or internationally
- Contribute to market and eminence initiatives, including development of new service offerings and marketing campaigns within the practice
- Develop and lead timely communications - both internal and external - relevant to our professionals and clients
- Develop materials for and participate in the delivery of presentations to clients and firm personnel
- Mentor and develop teams of advisory resources
The Halifax, Moncton, St. John'sand Fredericton Assurance groups are rapidly expanding.Joining our team will provide you with opportunities to develop and hone skills, expand your internal and external networks and be a key member in the growth of our practice.
Our Assurance group is composed of the Accounting Operations Advisory and Accounting & Reporting Advisory teams, which focus on providing solutions for technical accounting issues as well as enabling CFOs and their Finance teams for success.
Our Accounting & Reporting Advisory Team focuses on assisting our clients and internal Deloitte teams on researching, analyzing and developing technical accounting solutions, assisting entities with the adoption of new standards, understand and advise on corresponding impact to processes and controls, as well as providing an accounting perspective for other advisory engagements.
We are looking for professionals who are looking to join a high-performing, priority growth area for Deloitte, who will contribute with strong problem-solving skills, a breadth of knowledge with respect to the technical and operational financial reporting, and strong inter-personal skills.Enough about us, let's talk about you
Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
- Must have a CPA desingation or equivalency and posses at least 6 years of relevant work expereince
- Must possess strong technical accounting skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, U.S. GAAP, internal controls (CSOX/PCAOB) and risk
- Expertise in financial reporting cycle elements such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, accounting close/consolidation and business case development
- Experienced with project problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Capacity to think about requirements from a strategic perspective (options available, pros / cons or different options)
- Proven ability to deliver the full cycle of project management accountabilities
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Accounting, Developer, CPA, Marketing Manager, Project Manager, Finance, Technology, Marketing
Management and Executive