A phenomenal collaborative
culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people
who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
WSP is currently seeking Senior Civil/Hydrotechnical/Water Resources Engineers to join our growing Mine Surface Water group based in Western Canada. We are looking for engineers who can bring their skills and experience to lead our hydrotechnical projects, work closely with our staff and clients, and deliver high-quality projects from start to finish. You will have the opportunity to work on mine and infrastructure projects that involve spillways, culverts, river training, erosion protection works, water management/balance and other surface water components. You will also have the chance to contribute to multidisciplinary projects with a range of complexity within Canada and globally.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates. #WeAreWSP #globalminingA day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- Participating in a wide range of engineering and mining projects, from conceptual water management planning to detailed design of water infrastructure and construction oversight;
- Providing technical expertise related to hydrologic assessments, site-wide and tailings impoundment water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic and streamflow evaluations, hydraulic modelling and dam breach assessment;
- Leading feasibility and detailed design of water management infrastructure, including specifications and construction oversight;
- Delivering complex scopes of work involving technical designs and reviews, and collaboration with other technical leads responsible for geotechnical and environmental components;
- Serving as a Qualified Professional in relevant jurisdictions for assessments, studies, designs, and recommendations where required for regulatory purposes;
- Contributing towards local leadership and mentoring to an established mine water management team and interacting and collaborating with other senior leaders in the business;
- Leading and contributing to proposals and opportunity management, including frequent interaction with clients as the face of WSP;
- Developing and sustaining positive business relationships and offering innovative solutions to clients through business development initiatives;
- Mentoring junior and intermediate staff.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil/Water Resources Engineering with experience in water resources management and assessments related to hydrology, hydraulic structures, erosion protection, closure landform design and detailed design of water control and conveyance facilities, river engineering, dams;
- Must be a registered Professional Engineer in your province(s) of practice;
- Demonstrated a minimum of 15 years experience in consulting and the mining industry, within North America with international experience an asset;
- Knowledge of the water management requirements of the mining industry and the relevant regulations;
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, mentoring, writing and people skills;
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and a high degree of motivation;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Team player with the ability to motivate and lead by example;
- Experience with writing proposals and technical reports;
- Committed to technical excellence.
Expected Salary (all locations): $119,200 - $202,700
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.