Relational Database Service (RDS) is one of the fastest growing AWS businesses, providing and managing relational databases as a service. RDS is seeking talented security engineers who will innovate and engineer solutions in the area of security and database technology. The Database Engineering team is actively engaged in the ongoing database engineering process, partnering with development groups and providing deep subject matter expertise to feature design, and as an advocate for bringing forward and resolving customer issues.
As Security Engineer in RDS, you will participate in security research and review, penetration testing, threat modeling and design. We are looking for a Senior Security Engineers with a focus on database security to help ensure our services and applications are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. We need individuals who are passionate about security and vulnerability research as well as database technologies.
Inclusive Team Culture.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Perform design review, threat modeling, security review and penetration testing on RDS MS SQL Server.
- Perform vulnerability research and penetration testing for MS SQL Server.
- Work closely with the AWS Security teams to develop large scale, cutting edge, testing, monitoring, remediation, and analytics solutions.
- Work closely with other internal development teams inside RDS to root cause security issues and help develop fixes
- Create security tooling to facilitate security testing and automation
- Develop internal security training for internal development teams inside RDS and across AWS.
- Demonstrate "exceptional" judgment, integrity, business acumen, and communication skills.
- Prepare and present detailed, written technical information for internal and external audiences.
- Communicate with VPs, Directors, and technology leaders to prioritize and execute remediation plans
- 3+ years' experience in software security (vulnerability research, penetration testing, etc)
- Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
- Deep knowledge and experience in Linux and Linux internals
- Working knowledge of at least one scripting language (shell, Python, Perl).
- Working knowledge of at least one compiled application programming language (Java, C#, C, C++, Go)
- Working knowledge of at least one relation databases (preferably MS SQL Server) with the focus on user and role management, authentication/authorization and network protocol.
- Passionate about computer security and desire to explore and root cause the the issues.
- Experience performing or supporting penetration testing
- Participation in computer security competitions (CTFs), Bug Bounty programs, opensource security research, CVE analysis
- Domain expertise in at least 3 of: security architecture and engineering, communication and network security, identity and access management (IAM), security assessment and testing, cryptography, and software development security.
- A data-driven and quantitative mentality--you excel in supporting ideas with available evidence.
- Experience with the design and implementation of technical security controls at the business division level.
- Experience engineering, administering or managing at least one relational database engine, preferably MS SQL Server
- Experience with AWS or similar enterprise cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with full-stack software architectures from UI to infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ and C#
- Experience with managing security incidents and threat response
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming