Amazon Payments processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal and external clients the best payment gateway service, benchmarked against the top external alternatives.
Paramount to our success is ensuring that customer data is secure across Amazon Payments products and services. At the Payments Proactive Security Team, we are influencing the internal Payments ecosystem to pursue best security practices as well as driving the improvement of product security at scale by leveraging the automated solution and feedback loop mechanism established internally.
A Security Engineer in Amazon will be strong in multiple security domains and sought out for advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. The successful candidate must be one that can handle several difficult challenges and problems, can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be:
Methodically empirical and experimental in approach and evaluation without being bound by over paralysis-by-analysis;
Work ceaselessly to improve knowledge of the security field, threat landscape, security intelligence, moving proactively toward prevention and detection of threats;
Be an enthusiastic learner and curiosity seeker, focusing on what can be done rather than hindered by notions of what cannot be;
Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, be passionate about sharing knowledge, tactics, strategy, as well as advocating for the project mission;
Have excellent time management skills along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty; and
Evangelize security within Amazon.com and be an advocate for customer trust.
A successful candidate will be a deeply curious individual who brings technical expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company that has broad business impact. This is a unique opportunity to start with Amazon Payments and innovating and scaling security to protect customer trust.
About the team
You'll be joining an org that is very supportive of each other's growth and success, where we take pride in protecting our customer's with bar-raising and scalable approach to security. Come innovate with us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 5+ years' equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in software architecture, design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in three or more of the following areas: cryptography, application security, authentication, web and network protocols, data structures and algorithms, software development, threat modelling, pen tests, or vulnerability assessments
- Minimum of 2 years scripting or programming experience in Java, Python, Perl, Scala, or other languages
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in executive communications or technical writing; clear, concise, and thorough written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on knowledge of evaluating, assessing and integrating with payment processors (e.g., Stripe, PayPal, Chase).
- Hands-on knowledge of information security technologies such as security design review, threat modeling, secure code review, risk analysis, and penetration testing
- Experience with vulnerability risk and impact assessment
- Ability to make concrete progress in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
- Strong information security risk-based prioritization abilities
- Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP etc.)
- Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex issues into simple, easy to understand concepts
- Excellent attention to detail
- MA/MS in computer science/related field
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Law Enforcement and Security Quality Assurance