We have exciting opportunities for eager individuals with a passion for cuisine and a sense of adventure.
Working with a supportive team, in a busy and dynamic environment, the ideal candidate has experience with catering, the ability to multi-task, is comfortable taking directions and working in a fast-paced environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
HOW OUR PROGRAM WORKS:
- Prepare and cook menu items by following instructions and adhering to standardized recipes and specifications
- Move between stations depending on the needs of each service
- Ensure that the food preparation, quality and presentation meet organizational standards
- Prepare sauces and assist prep-cooks prior to service
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by maintaining occupational health & safety standards (e.g., WHMIS labels, food handling and storage, hygiene etc.)
- Help keep track of kitchen inventory, including food, supplies and equipment
- Perform kitchen work station opening and closing duties as required
- Report any concerns, incidents, losses or damages to Sous Chef and Supervisor
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Operate large-volume cooking equipment such as grills, deep-fat fryers, oven.
- Read food order slips and prepare and cook food according to instructions.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Pre-cook items such as bacon, to prepare them for later use.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings
- Other related duties as required
- Full-time, paid work. This will typically be provincial minimum wage plus any gratuities and overtime
- There are no fees for job seekers.
- This position will last for 6 months.
- you want to stay on after your deployment, that option exists!
- Staff accommodations available for all Mobilize staff
- Employee is responsible for relocation and housing cost
- The program works in groups employees, so if you have friends you would like to live and travel with, make sure you apply together!
- Customer service or hospitality experience is an asset but not a requirement.
- Must be 18 and be legally able to work in Canada.
- Provide a clear police record.
- A sense of adventure!
Restaurants and Food Service