$1000 signing bonus: First installment of $500 paid within 30 days. Second installment of $500 paid after 6 months probationary period. Hourly Rates : $13.75 plus guaranteed gratuities.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Assistant Housekeeping Manager and Housekeeping supervisor, The Room Attendant performs daily cleaning of guest rooms in accordance with hotel cleanliness standards, policies and procedures. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and co-workers. Adhere to safety and security standards of the Hotel while complying with applicable pre-determined internal control procedures
• Work closely with Front Desk to ensure guest satisfaction and consistency in Guest Service.
• Promptly and efficiently carry out all guest requests
• Maintain a professional manner with all hotel guests and employees
• Maintain guest/employee confidentiality.
• Address guest concerns in a positive and helpful manner and take prompt, corrective action where necessary
• Performs daily cleaning of assigned guest rooms and corridors to hotel standards.
• Ensure adequate linen and guest supplies are stocked on cart, the storage area is cleaned daily and that all equipment used is in good working conditions before commencing daily duties
• Prepare all assigned rooms in a timely manner and report "clean" to supervisor
• Collect dirty laundry and store for pick up according to departmental procedures outlined during training.
• Checks climate contracts including lights and temperature, and reports broken items to maintenance immediately
• Inspects rooms and public areas for cleanliness
• Ensures safety of Guests/employees and the safe handling of all cleaning products.
• Follow up on any unusual occurrences, damage or theft promptly and report to the Executive Housekeeper.
• Ensures the proper handling, storage and controls of cleaning products and the security of all housekeeping equipment and supplies.
• Report maintenance and lost and found items immediately.
• Maintain familiarity with fire products.
• Follow all Health & Safety regulations
Education and Qualification Requirements:
• High school diploma or work related equivalent
• Previous cleaning experience is required
• Foster a spirit of teamwork while ensuring the department provides superior customer service to hotel employees and guests alike.
• Maintains safe working conditions by following safety rules and procedures and notifies management of problems where necessary.
• Ensures hotel management is informed of all unusual problems or matters of significance.
• At all times projects a favorable image of the Casino Complex to the public
• Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with the complex policies and procedures to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
• Bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
Work Environment Conditions:
• Ability to work a physically demanding job
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Work within a 24/7 operation with ability to work flexible hours when required (days, evening, nights, weekends and holidays)
• Willing to submit to a criminal record check with results acceptable to our organization, standards and position, and/or obtain and maintain an NBLGC license registration
• Must have employment eligibility in Canada
• Must be 19 years of age or older
Special Working Conditions: Our reputation is of paramount importance. As such, we will conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner. Every team member will be obliged to understand and follow all of the policies outlined in Great Canadian's Corporate Ethics and Conduct Manual and will disclose any irregularities or wrongdoing in accordance with the Company's Whistleblower Policy. The Company is committed to sound internal control policies and practices. Every team member will follow the internal control practices required of their position and department.
Compliance Requirements: Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics and Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies as communicated. Every team member will be familiar with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible. Every team member must adhere to all Company and regulatory policies as they relate to functions of the position.
Licensing and Certification Requirements: Permanent employment may be dependent upon the authorization and continued approval of the Provincial/State Regulatory Bodies. New employees may be required to complete an application and, if required, will begin work only after regulatory approval is granted. Existing team members will reapply as necessary, and continuing work will be dependent upon successful reapplication. For positions that require additional certification, the appropriate level of certification will be maintained.
Hospitality and Tourism