As our Quality Assurance Lead,
you will savor the opportunity to experiment with new projects and 'look for trouble' while doing so. You're a lover of detail but still have a handle on the big picture, and you excel at tracking processes to keep your teammates in the loop and on track.
Traction on Demand's hiring philosophy is based on culture, intelligence and then skills. Here's what we mean by that: Culture
Culture at Traction on Demand isn't about drinking beer and playing ping-pong - it's much more. We are looking for people who want to join an active community of engaged individuals who see business as more than just a vehicle to make money. We care about our people, wider community and planet. Come join us on this journey!
Traction is a group of entrepreneurs committed to creating ecstatic clients, doing enjoyable work and being efficient in everything we do. We fail fast and love to innovate. Change is our middle name.
Our values don't just sit on a glossy page. We live by them every day. Our values are the cornerstone of who we are - do they resonate with you?
- Embrace Knowledge
- Do the right thing
- Seek adventures and smiles
- Healthy hearts and heads
- Pursue opportunity
- Build community
People often ask what it takes to succeed at Traction on Demand - you've got to be smart, without having an ego. What does that mean? Imagine working with a group of your smartest friends who all love to learn. Everyone is always pushing each other to grow and innovate at a pace that can only be called furious. We are never idle or stagnant. We seek and share knowledge. We are comfortable with the unknown. We just "git 'r done." Skills
Tractionites come from a variety of backgrounds, and we are eager to find people that are from non-traditional backgrounds. Typically, we find that people are successful in this role when they have:
What You Will Be Doing
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience in quality assurance
- Solid experience creating test plans, test cases and test strategies
- Ability to structure and analyse requirements into discrete test procedures
- Accuracy and excellent attention to detail; error rate is minimal
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work with and communicate clearly with globally dispersed peers, and clients whenever possible
- Reliable and able to get things done with important deadlines in a fast paced environment, and can adjust to changing priorities and timelines
- Customer focused - Seeks to understand client's business requirements and provides input to serve the client
If you're interested, so are we! Send your resume our way, and we'll reach out to you if we are interested in moving forward.
- Create best practice test strategies and test cases for projects
- Lead the QA team as part of a global delivery team, understanding requirements and acceptance criteria and coordinating testing tasks and outcomes across timezones
- Be the voice of the customer throughout the engagement ensuring outcomes meet customer expectation and need
- Review the project requirements, user stories and acceptance criteria with the development/configuration teams and provide feedback from a testing perspective
- Creating customised test automation solutions based on client's requirements
- Develop test scripts
- Execute automated and manual test cases
- Track and log defects during execution
- Provide estimates around efforts needed for mobile, automation and manual testing
- Create, enhance, debug and run test cases, triaging and sharing test results
- Provide proactive advice and feedback throughout the software testing lifecycle for prevention and early correction of quality problem
- Document lessons learned, help maintain knowledge database
At Traction on Demand, we aim to change the world by challenging the traditional consulting model and building community with our clients, partners and neighbours. At our core, we're about improving the way companies do business by using technology - salesforce.com, technology partners and our own libraries of intellectual property. We are a people-first organization, creating long-term relationships with our clients and growing with them as strategic business partners. Our clients are varied in size, geography and industry, and include some of the world's largest firms and not-for-profit organizations. Traction for Good, our community engagement program, and our involvement as one of the first 100 B Corps in Canada are just a couple of the reasons why we have been named to the Best Places to Work in Canada top 10 list for several years running.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please note, employment is contingent on successful completion of background and reference checks.
Traction on Demand