Line of Service
Entrepreneurial & Private Business (EPB) - Private ClientsManagement Level
Senior AssociateJob Description & Summary
A career within PwC Private will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You'll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients design and implement personal and customised service plans that are unique to privately owned entities, entrepreneurs, and high net worth individuals. You'll be assisting the team focus on key issues like wealth management, compliance, cash flow management, equity expansion, divestiture and exit strategies.\"
Our PwC Private teams help entrepreneurs, private business owners and family enterprises manage their ownership and growth at every stage, in a way that fits the needs of their business in today's changing global landscape.Important points to consider:
•COVID-19 Vaccination Policy : Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future : The health, well-being and safety of our colleagues, clients, and communities is our number one priority. Vaccinations have proven to reduce the risk of COVID-19. Effective Friday, October 1, 2021, PwC Canada requires all partners, staff, contractors and visitors to be fully-vaccinated when entering a PwC location, subject to applicable legal exemptions. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating. Read this press release for further details .
• This role doesn't support completion of the Canadian CPA designation.
• This is a remote position, requiring the ability to work virtually What you'll create and do:
As an Associate, you'll work within the Wealth Oversight (WO) team assisting senior staff in delivering WO services to our clients. WO services are mainly focused on the selection and performance of investment managers of marketable securities, and also include alternative investments and other investable assets. Your responsibilities will include client relations and handling queries.
To be successful as an associate in WO, you should have some investment knowledge and an understanding of complex financial information. You will be able to cultivate client relationships and excellent working relationships with staff of investment management companies and have excellent attention to detail.
Responsponsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Providing support on WO services to the senior staff and our clients including
• Liaising with investment managers with client information
• Assisting with the development of Wealth Oversight Policy Statements and Net Worth Statements in collaboration with the senior staff.
• Managing relationships with clients on behalf of the senior staff.
• Resolving the issues and concerns of clients with input from the senior staff.
• Completing and submitting investment-related documents to support clients.
• Compiling customized presentations for potential and existing clients.
• Analyzing financial statements and market trends, drafting content and compiling quarterly reports for clients.
• Performing day-to-day administrative tasks, such as responding to client emails and requests. What you'll bring to this role:
• Interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• Demonstrates commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives in a high performing culture
• A Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, mathematics, economics, or a related discipline.
• CFA level 1 certification, or intention to pursue CFA preferred
• Knowledge of financial investments, tax, and financial planning.
• An aptitude for Excel, complex calculations and data analysis
• Advanced knowledge of MicroSoft office suite and PowerPoint / Google Suite and great presentation skills.
• Solid research capabilities (i.e., quantitative analytical skills with an emphasis on writing skills)
• Excellent discretion when dealing with sensitive information. Ability to negotiate and influence effectively
• Mature self-starter who possesses the intellectual curiosity to delve beyond the surface of a particular issue; proactive and a self-motivated problem solver.
• Well-developed prioritization skills and highly efficient at multitasking with a high attention to detail.
• Good organizational skills, a positive attitude and an ability to work effectively under pressure are desirable.
• Bilingual proficiency in French and English is considered an asset Why you'll love working for PwC
At PwC, we support you through a range of financial and non-financial rewards and benefits. Discover a life that works for you with our diverse, inclusive and flexible culture. To learn how you can grow and shine in your career at PwC, please visit: https://www.pwc.com/ca/whypwc See how you can create your future at PwC
www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/create-your-future.html Get to know us
Check out our careers blog to hear what our people have to say and discover a place where you can bring your passions and whole self to work. https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers/blog.html Applying at PwC
At PwC, we embrace new technology where you will learn to innovate and deliver differently. For Administrative, Specialist, Associate, Senior Associate, and Manager roles you may have the opportunity to participate in an on-demand video interview. To learn more about our innovative cloud-based online application interview process click here: https://www.pwc.com/ca/applytopwc
We take your privacy seriously. To protect your personal information, please submit your application directly through PwC Canada Careers: https://www.pwc.com/ca/en/careers.html Education
(if blank, degree and/or field of study not specified)
Degrees/Field of Study required:
Degrees/Field of Study preferred: Certifications
(if blank, certifications not specified) Required SkillsOptional Skills Desired Languages
(If blank, desired languages not specified) Travel Requirements
0%Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
NoGovernment Clearance Required?
NoJob Posting End Date
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
Every day we see how people make businesses great. But it's not only about skills. If your experience is close to what we're looking for, please consider applying. We recognize that experience comes in many forms, and passionate teams reimagine the possible. Create your future at PwC.
PwC s'engage à bâtir une équipe diversifiée et représentative des collectivités qu'il sert. Nous invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées, sans égard à leur appartenance ethnique, leur race, leur religion, leur sexe, leur orientation sexuelle, leur identité sexuelle, leur statut d'autochtone, leur âge, leur handicap ou leurs besoins en matière d'adaptation du milieu de travail, à présenter leur candidature, qu'il nous fera plaisir d'examiner.
Chaque jour, nous voyons des personnes participer à l'essor des entreprises. Ce n'est pas seulement une question de compétences. Si votre expérience se rapproche de ce que nous recherchons, n'hésitez pas à postuler. Nous sommes conscients que l'expérience peut prendre diverses formes et que des équipes de passionnés peuvent réinventer le possible. Créez votre avenir chez PwC.