633 Main Str, Suites 100 &200
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Thank you for your interest in BMO Financial Group. We are currently working towards providing a better candidate experience by including all of our job descriptions in both English and French. In the meantime, if this role is located in Quebec and/or New Brunswick please reference the French job description available below the English version. Otherwise please see the job description below in English as per federal language requirements.
Nous vous remercions pour votre intérêt à l'égard de BMO Groupe financier. Nous travaillons actuellement à offrir une meilleure expérience aux candidats en publiant toutes nos descriptions de poste en français et en anglais. Entre-temps, si ce poste est affiché au Québec ou au Nouveau-Brunswick, veuillez consulter la description de poste en français disponible sous la version anglaise. Autrement, veuillez consulter la description de poste ci-dessous en anglais, conformément aux exigences fédérales en matière de langues.
- Client & Relationship Management
- Administrative/Sales Support
- Team Participation
- Risk Management
Client & Relationship Management
- Provide a superior level of courteous, knowledgeable, friendly and professional service to all existing and potential clients relating to investment management services consistent with delivery of the desired client experience
- Take ownership of client inquiries/concerns/complaints, ensuring timely resolution
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client in order to develop credibility as a representative of the Private Bank
- Assists in preparing new business proposals or presentations to clients/prospects based upon their needs, BPB products & services, competitive pricing and committed service capabilities
- Assist the ICs in preparing for client meetings and account opening documentation
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of integrated services and offerings, with a focus on investment products and procedures
- Perform required client sales & service support activities as required to meet client needs and maintain overall service levels
- Monitor cash management reporting (including overdraft reporting and large cash balances)
- Ensure the timely and accurate processing of trade order management activities
- Ensure the proper adherence to account administration and maintenance
Identify opportunities to increase profitability, create capacity and reduce expenses
- Recognize potential new business opportunities and refer/discuss them with the Relationship Manager (both within BPB and BMO as a whole)
- Undertakes other administrative responsibilities (including performance reporting, compliance, monitoring trade activity, and other related functions/duties)
- Provide after sales support and handle exceptions tactfully, accurately and efficiency in accordance with Bank policy
- Participate in internal projects and initiatives of varying scope and responsibility
- Participate in team meetings and conference calls as applicable
- Take initiative, be accountable, and work in a team-orientated environment
- Cross trains with other individuals within support team to ensure coverage and contingency is maintained at all times. Shares knowledge with team members.
- Ensure proper adherence to all aspects of First Principles Our Code of Conduct and Ethics
- Follow security and safeguarding procedures and apply appropriate due diligence for the prevention of loss due to fraud, counterfeiting, money laundering or defalcation in accordance with Bank policy
- Protect the Banks assets by adhering to all banking, investment and lending regulations (as appropriate), Policies and Procedures, legal and ethical requirements, process requirements, bank guidelines and established risk guidelines
- Participate in audits and compliance reviews as assigned
- Accountable for monitoring the integrity of account documentation.
- Identify and escalate all irregularities and discrepancies to management.
- Participate in client presentations (Advanced)
- Support the Client Care role during peak periods and shortages
- Participate in research, analysis and marketing (Working)
- Project support/coordination (Working)
- Conduct PA Training (Working)
- Solicit referrals and suggest increased offerings (Working)
- Proactively identify and recommend opportunities for process improvement, customer service and technology
- Mentor new employees (Working)
Knowledge and Skills
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience
- Working knowledge of BMO Investment Management products and services
- Working knowledge of BMO Platinum Banking & Trust products and services
- Investment industry experience (1-4 years)
- RISR (CSC preferred)
- Enrolled in, or has completed a Financial Planning accreditation program through ICB or equivalent
- Enrolled in CFA a definite asset
- Strong customer service focus
- Communication skills (Advanced)
- Able to multi-task
- Able to handle high pressure situations with tight turnaround
- Organization skills (Working)
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications (Word, Excel, Global Plus and Optimizer)
- Ability to deal with complex, controversial, and sensitive Investment
- Management issues (Advanced)
- Open to change and acts as a change agent for new initiatives (Advanced)
- Demonstrated history of responsiveness and problem-solving capabilitiesWe're here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Sales and Marketing