Are you interested in an opportunity to grow professionally within a positive and progressive culture? Join our team and discover how we can support your future goals.
The Organization Development/Psychological Health and Safety Consultant is an internal consulting resource for the organization and provides proactive consulting on organizational development services, processes, and strategies that are directed at fostering a climate of psychological health and safety in the workplace. Through a focus on our people, the incumbent provides expert advice on the development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives designed to strengthen the well-being and resilience of NH's workforce at the individual, team, leader, and organizational levels. In addition, the Consultant provides advice and support aimed at building organizational effectiveness, building, and sustaining a learning environment that promotes open conversation, effective problem solving, innovation, and creativity. Services include consulting, coaching, and facilitation in areas such as leadership support, team building, learning and development. This position acts as an internal culture and transformation catalyst dedicated to supporting the creation and sustainability of a psychologically healthy and safe workplace.
This position is flexible to any community within the Northern Health region. Explore our wonderful northern communities. What Northern Health has to offer you!
• Comprehensive benefit packages including MSP, extended health/dental and a municipal pension plan for part-time and full-time employees. Casuals have the option of paying for benefits.
• Four weeks vacation with one year of continuous service
• Financial Support for Moving Expenses is available for eligible positions
• Employee referral program
• Employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
• Spectacular outdoor activities and the shortest commutes in BC
• "Loan Forgiveness Programs" are offered through the Federal and BC Government for eligible professions. Qualifications
• Master's degree in Adult Education, Organizational Development, Organizational Psychology or Organizational Behaviour, Leadership, Human Resource Management, Health Care Administration, or a related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years' experience in facilitating team development.
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to apply comprehensive knowledge and skill in adult education theory.
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient computer skills in the design and composition of creative, high quality, and interactive learning programs.
• Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated ability to support staff and management through coaching, mentoring, feedback, and problem solving based on a strong knowledge base.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with staff and managers at all levels of the organization in a supportive manner, respecting confidentiality.
• Demonstrated alignment with NH's core values.
• Ability and willingness to travel.Who we are
Northern Health covers an area of nearly 600,000 square kilometers and offers health services in over two dozen communities and 55 First Nation's communities. We deliver hospital and community-based health care for a population of 300,000.
Employing more than 7,000 staff throughout the region, Northern Health provides exceptional health services for Northerners, through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations in Northern BC.
There is a wide variety of career opportunities available in our two dozen hospitals, 25 long-term care facilities, public health units and many other offices providing specialized services.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Government