Permanent Primary Location:
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada All Available Locations:
Halifax; Saint John
External Posting Description
Our Atlantic Risk Advisory practice is growing and we are looking to add experienced Managers to our team. We are looking for a Manager to focus on serving our clients with internal controls, internal audit and general risk advisory services, primarily in the Saint John, NB and Halifax, NS markets, with the potential to cover other areas within Atlantic Canada. As a Manager, you will:
- Analyze and diagnose client business issues to develop and recommend creative solutions
- Manage a diverse team of talented consultants while coaching them to their highest potential.
- Lead business development activities and participate in complex proposal development to build and generate business for the Atlantic practice.
- Cultivate relationships with clients and possess a strong knowledge in leveraging prevalent methodologies.
- Provide strategic advice and guidance to clients on matters of risk management, internal control, governance, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee internal control, internal audit, and other assurance and advisory projects.
- Lead teams of consultants to conduct analyses and prepare supporting documentation; evaluate and test processes and related controls; develop appropriate approaches; manage and review work of consultants and analysts; and assist in the preparation of the reports.
- Effectively serve client needs and develop strong advisory relationships with client personnel.
- Display teamwork, integrity and leadership.
- Utilize leading edge technology and data analytics toolsets to continually learn and deliver business insights to our clients.
- Provide value-added and relevant analyses of an organization's governance, risk management and internal control structure, performance, and efficiency.
- Employ a structured approach to project management to ensure complete client satisfaction and project profitability.
- Develop your expertise in a specialization and your reputation as a business advisor.
Your role as a manager at Deloitte:
- Embrace and live the firm's purpose -to make an impact that matters -by pushing yourself and your team to identify solutions to challenges that are most important for our clients, people, and society
- Develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- Deliver exceptional client service by maximizing results and driving high performance from people, while also fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- Influence clients, teams and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships
- Understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, and align people to them to set appropriate priorities and direction
External Posting Qualifications
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Professional services experience is an asset
- Undergraduate degree in a business, accounting, or computer science discipline with strong academic credentials
- Post graduate degree and/or professional designation is an asset, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP, etc..
- Experience in business development and building a practice
- Willingness to travel, especially within Atlantic Canada is required. Travel throughout Canada and potentially international travel may be required as well. Candidates must be able to enter the USA to work on client assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking and logical structuring skills
- Multi-tasker and effective time management skills
- IT background/ shills is an asset
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Ability to fluently speak/write in English. Ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Ability to obtain Government of Canada Secret level security clearance is mandatory
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply