Permanent Primary Location:
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada All Available Locations:
External Posting Description
At Deloitte we are redefining what it means to be a professional services firm. We know that business as usual just won't cut it. Our culture is built on the collaboration, flexibility and innovation needed to perform at the highest levels and exceed expectations.
We offer a unique Talent Experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point in their career. Lead yourself. Lead a team. Lead the firm. It's all possible at Deloitte.
Project Controller Managers (PCM) are responsible for supporting one or more project/engagement teams through successful management of the financial analysis and reconciliation process and the implementation of project management controls. PCMs oversee the activities of the project controller staff, including supervision, task management and deliverable quality reviews. On any given assignment, the PCM may be responsible for preparing and leading the following activities:
- Supervise and prepare engagement and/or client financial management reporting (pricing analysis, budget preparation, time and expense tracking, budget reconciliation and variance analysis, client billing and receivable collection, financial performance forecasting);
- Establish controls and ensure the quality and integrity of engagement and/or client financial records and reporting;
- Conduct quality reviews of and provide feedback on the technical work products of junior resources;
- Identify, address, and resolve engagement, contract management and compliance issues;
- Facilitate communication between engagement leadership and firm financial organization;
- Interact frequently with senior level internal and external clients and firm leadership to present various analyses, discuss recommendations and provide project financial advice;
- Support the growth and career development of junior resources by serving as an informal mentor and, as assigned, a formal Counselor to junior staff, providing them with regular career and professional development guidance;
- Contribute to the growth and development of the overall Engagement Financial Services Practice through active involvement in various practice initiatives;
- Prepare and facilitate firm training sessions on a variety of topics and methodologies;
- Participate in formal mid-year and year end performance assessment activities for assigned counselees;
- Work with practice leadership to resolve practitioner performance issues;
- Provide guidance, direction, and leadership to proposal efforts from the project management/control perspective.
External Posting Qualifications
- University degree or designation in Business or Finance;
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in financial analysis, budgeting, or project accounting;
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in management and supervision (responsibility for defining work activities, assigning work responsibilities of others, setting and achieving work objectives);
- Minimum of 4 years' experience with the entire Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced level PowerPoint and advanced to expert Excel skills (Excel certification will be required post-hire);
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed (frequency is dependent on the office location and project assignments);
- Experience summarizing results and producing management reports;
- Experience supporting staff career development through participation in formal and informal employee performance review process;
- Experience producing and delivering appropriate communications to the Executive Level;
- Previous experience in conducting interviews and making hiring decisions/recommendations;
- Ability to identify and resolve issues independently and to escalate when appropriate;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and as a member of a team;
- Outstanding attention to detail and adherence to project deadlines;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English;
- Strong problem solving and trouble shooting skills with ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Management;
- Experience working with a variety of contracting types (e.g., time and materials, fixed price) and billing scenarios;
- Experience developing project pricing models and performing scenario analysis;
- Experience in a client-service environment;
- Experience in consulting is a plus.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive - both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants' needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Apply now × Apply for Job
Enter your email to apply