Amazon Brand Protection organization focuses on building trust with all brands by accurately representing and completely protecting their brands on Amazon. We strive to be the most trusted thought leader in the space and ensure that public perception mirrors the trustworthy experience we deliver. The Brand Protection machine learning (ML) team is responsible to provide data driven long term strategies and solutions. The team is responsible to develop the state of art ML algorithms to ensure each product is brand authentic and to ensure no abuse or infringements on any brands. The ML team faces the challenges to work with huge amount of structured and unstructured data including images and product descriptions and to develop ML solutions that can scale to protect millions of brands and billions of products worldwide. The team also faces the challenge to fast update our ML systems to stay ahead of bad actors who constantly circumvent our algorithms. If you are excited at these responsibilities and challenges and if you love data and machine learning, we have a position for you. We are looking for a strong manager to manage the ML science team in Vancouver.
As the manager, you will hire and develop ML talents. You will design long terms plans and define SMART goals. You will build roadmaps to achieve team's vision and goals. You will lead the ML directions. You will lead roadmap and plan executions. You will be able to deep dive and guide your team both in directions and in details. You understand ML cycles and advocate ML best practices. You will keep abreast with new ML technologies.
- Work with business/tech teams to identify opportunities, design solution, implement and monitor ML models.
- Understand business challenges by analyzing data and customer feedback
- Guide team members on model building strategies and model experiment, implementation, measurement and continuous improvement
- Build and manage team roadmaps
- Create long term plans to address complicated business problems at scale using ML
- Deep dive to provide business insights
- Create business and analytics reports and present to the senior management teams
- Lead research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
- A MS in CS Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Math or an equivalent highly technical field
- 3+ years of leading a ML team on modeling in the area of predictive modeling, NLP or computer vision
- Track records of building up teams and delivering results with big impacts
- A PHD in CS Machine Learning, Statistics, Applied Math or an equivalent highly technical field
- 5+ of experience working with tech/product team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and data presentation skills.
- Deep understanding of statistical modeling and deep learning NN skills.
- Familiar with AWS machine learning technologies such as SafeMaker.
- Strong problem-solving ability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.