Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Team Overview
This role has responsibility for managing a team of finance professionals who support TD's General Insurance business. This includes managing the month end close process, preparation of financial reports for business partners, analysis of results, GL reconciliations and payment activities. The team also supports annual financial statement preparation and reporting to regulators. Job Description
• Provide financial analysis and/or advanced general finance / accounting or related operational support as assigned
• Understand business partner / department objectives and contribute to the achievement of performance / financial objectives by recommending appropriate action to management based on analysis and review of results within scope of own area
• Analyze financial performance against benchmarks and reconcile variances and/or research and explain findings / issues to department or business management
• Provide accurate and thorough data analysis for own area, interpret findings and make recommendations, and identify and refer complex issues / situations beyond own level of expertise
• Act as a key Finance Support resource / specialist or representative for own functional unit by providing technical subject matter expertise / analysis or operational process support
• Lead a team of Finance Analysts to achieve business / operational objectives
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with partners for the purposes of delivering optimal customer service
• Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special data analysis, and adhoc information reports.
• Manage/review the preparation of regulated & unregulated financial statements.
• Coordinate with the auditors for conducting all the external audit activities.
• Liase with other areas of finance, including consolidation, accounting, accounting policy, tax, treasury, BAU operations & reporting, financial strategies, and other business areas.
• Manage the quarterly financial reporting requirements.
• Direct and oversee different financial reports, business reviews and performance analysis.
•.Review the financial and management accounting reporting practices in place to ensure that they meet the required standards
•.Post different accounting journals as per the reporting requirements.
•. Support the month end process and create financial reports
•. Prepare/review detailed fluctuation analyses related to the P&L and balance sheet.
•. Help to develop and implement financial reporting policies, procedures, controls and solutions to financial reporting issues and developments
•. Assist in the maintenance of the general ledger, including booking, reviewing and circulating monthly, quarterly reports, month end closing & reporting, responding to inquiries from the business side and year end audit documents/schedules.
•. Flexible to work outside work hours, if required considering deliverables
•. Lead the process of setting performance objectives for the team; track, monitor and effectively address and/or reward performance in a timely manner
• Adhere to enterprise finance policy/ frameworks that relate to activities for own area
• Ensure respective Finance programs/policies/practices are well managed, meets business needs, complies with internal and external requirements, and aligns with business priorities
identify and manage risks, and ensure the prompt and thorough resolution of escalated non-standard, high risk issues
• Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exists
• Actively manage relationships within and across various business lines, corporate and/or control functions and ensure alignment with enterprise and/or regulatory requirements
• Maintain a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
• Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exists Requirements
• Participate fully as a member of the team, support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
• Provide thought leadership and/ or industry knowledge for own area of expertise and participate in knowledge transfer
• Participate in personal performance management and development activities, including cross training across the team
• Keep others informed and up-to-date about the status / progress of projects and / or all relevant or useful information related to day-to-day activities
• Contribute to team development of skills and capabilities through mentorship of others, by sharing knowledge and experiences and leveraging best practices.
• Act as a brand champion for your business area/function and the bank, both internally and/or externally. Have expert knowledge and understanding of the operating environment, business processes and procedures, and transaction lifecycle for own area and as applicable across Finance Operations (e.g., processing environment, applications, software, hardware, products)
• Represents the group as the lead or subject matter expert on projects / initiatives and/or at meetings
• Provide training / guidance to others on best practices, processes, etc. as well as guide team on the completion of business as usual functions or ad-hoc non-routine requests
• Set targets and objectives for the team, and deliver results
• Grow team expertise to align with business/enterprise demand and direction; assess team skills and capabilities and continually look for ways to provide and enhance the value delivered
• Lead the process of setting performance objectives for the team; track, monitor and effectively address and/or reward performance in a timely manner
• Manage employees in compliance with all human resources policies, procedures and guidelines of conduct
• Recruit for all hires to ensure a highly diverse, qualified workforce to achieve business objectives Additional Information Financial Reporting Qualifications and Experience
• CPA CGA, CFA, CIMA, ACCA
• Must possess strong knowledge of accounting principles and standards
• Must have experience with automated financial systems, including general ledger and financial reporting software
• Ability to work across different functional areas.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver quality products in a deadline-oriented environment Skills for Financial Reporting
• Microsoft Office
• Excel - Advance user
• Visual Basic - Plus point EXPERIENCE AND / OR EDUCATION
• High School diploma
• Undergraduate degree preferred 7+ years relevant experience which should include 4+ years of people management experience Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance