LSO OTHR 4 - Senior Contaminated Sites Officer
Licensed Sc Off Other 4
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Surrey, BC V4P 1M5 CA
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$72,879.68 - $91,678.06 annually
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy
Ministry Branch / Division
Job Summary Sr. Contaminated Sites Officer
Licensed Science Officer (Other)4
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary or permanent vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .A wonderful opportunity to bring expert knowledge and experience to a critical position.
The Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy is responsible for the effective protection, management and conservation of BC's water, land, air and living resources. It leads work on climate preparedness and adaptation and leads plans to meet greenhouse gas reduction targets.
The position is a subject matter expert on the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites in BC. The position requires high-level skills and expertise in environmental engineering, geosciences, hydrogeology and soil science to conduct reviews and provide authoritative interpretation, advice, recommendations and decisions regarding the investigation and remediation of contaminated sites throughout the Province. The position is responsible for the management of contaminated sites including planning, coordination and implementation of appropriate studies and remediation strategies.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please cont act Natalia.Kukleva@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet theeducation, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:
- Required to meet one of the following education and experience combinations as outlined below:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, geosciences, hydrogeology or agrology AND a minimum of seven (7) years of directly related experience; OR
- Graduate degree (Masters or Doctoral/Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.)) in engineering, geosciences, hydrogeology or agrology AND a minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience.
Directly related experience, generally obtained post-registration, ideally in both private and public practice, as a Professional Engineer, Geoscientist or Agrologist in the area of contaminated site investigation, remediation and management
- Must be registered, or immediately eligible* for registration, as a fully licensed Professional (Engineer, Geoscientist, Agrologist) member in good standing with the Association of Engineers and Geoscientists of BC (EGBC) or the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (BCIA). * Immediately eligible means you are currently a fully licensed registered professional in good standing in another Canadian jurisdiction and can immediately transfer to EGBC or BCIA.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience in BC contaminated sites management.
- Experience with the Environmental Management Act, Contaminated Sites Regulation and other related provincial environmental statutes and regulations; knowledge of federal environmental protection legislation.
- Experience in the review and/or audit of other professional's written technical work.
- At least 10 years of directly related experience obtained post-registration as a Professional Engineer, Geoscientist, or Agrologist.
- Experience working effectively, respectfully and knowledgeably with different levels of government and Indigenous communities.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Professional Designation: YES -
Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer or Geoscientist with the Engineers & Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC) or as a Professional Agrologist with the British Columbia Institute of Agrologists (BCIA) Note:
immediately eligible for registration is defined as currently registered as a Professional in another Canadian jurisdiction, and able to obtain registration in BC within 6 months of employment. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the EGBC and/or BCIA. Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover Letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.Resume: YES
- A resume is required as part of your application, however, itmay notbe used for initial shortlisting purposes.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Scientific and Technical