LSO FORS 3 - STEWARDSHIP & REVENUE OFFICER - CLOSING DATE EXTENDED Position Classification
Licensed Sc Off Forester 3 Union
Queen Charlotte, BC V0T 1S0 CA (Primary)Salary Range
$70,683.48 - $89,678.84, plus a $74.62 bi-weekly isolation allowance Close Date
3/29/2023 Job Type
Regular Full Time Temporary End Date Ministry/Organization
BC Public Service -> Ministry of Forests Ministry Branch / Division
Regional Operations Division - Coast / West Coast Region / Haida Gwaii Job Summary STEWARDSHIP & REVENUE OFFICER
Licensed Science Officer (Forester) 3
Amendment Date March 13, 2023: Posting Closing date extended until March 29, 2023.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here .An exciting multi-faceted opportunity in forest management planning
The Ministry of Forests is part of the BC Public Service & is responsible for land & resource management in BC. We ensure the sustainable management of forests, wildlife, water & other land-based resources & work with Indigenous & rural communities to strengthen & diversify economies. We support activities that provide environmental, economic, cultural & social benefits to all British Columbians.
The Stewardship & Revenue Officer provides senior professional services, including providing direction to the stewardship and revenue teams, and providing recommendations for decision makers within a natural resource program area. The primary role of the Stewardship & Revenue Officer include: Resource Monitoring, Silviculture, Timber Supply Review, Strategic and Operational Planning, Land Based Investments, Forest Health, Cruising Waste & Residue, Scaling, Harvest Billing and Program Staff Management.
Known as the "Galapagos of British Columbia", Haida Gwaii is filled with a variety of wildlife and activities. The Village of Queen Charlotte/ Daajing Giids continues to be the main administrative centre for the islands, perfect for boating, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and exploring.
In addition to this exciting opportunity, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC's Top Employers for 2017, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2017 and one of Canada's Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2017. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits , including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Daryl.Sherban@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.
For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .NOTE:
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirementas outlined below:Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Forestry or Natural Resource Management and 5 years of current (gained over the last 7 years) and directly related forestry experience.OR the equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Registered, or *immediately eligible for registration,as a Registered Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals (ABCFP).
- Directly related forestry experience including operational experience in integrated resource management, cruising, waste assessment, scaling, timber harvesting, stewardship plans and silviculture practices;
- Experience supervising, leading, coaching, and mentoring staff.
- Experience in negotiating/mediating solutions in natural resource management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of multidisciplinary issues involved in natural resource management.
*Immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable Canadian jurisdiction tothe ABCFP . Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the ABCFP. Confirmation of registration / eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.Preference may be given to applicants with the following experience:
- One or more years' experience leading, supervising and coaching technical and/or professional staff in resource management.
- Experience leading multidisciplinary groups and projects in natural resource management.
- Experience working with staff, public and other resource stakeholders for the purpose of achieving an organizational goal or objective.
- Experience working within the structure, mandate, programs, priorities and protocols of the Ministry of Forests, Council of the Haida Nation and related Haida Gwaii federal, provincial, municipal, public and private stakeholders.
- Registered Professional Forester who holds an additional degree or diploma in an environment discipline, i.e. Bachelor of Science; Biology, Geology, etc.
- Valid BC class 5 driver's license.
- Conduct field work which may include travel to remote areas by vehicle, boat, air or foot, overnight or extended stay in rough camp conditions and outdoor work in all weather conditions.
- May be required to operate a variety of equipment.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC)will berequired.APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:Professional Designation: YES
- Please include your registration number in your application. You must be registered (or immediately eligible for registration) as a Professional Forester with the Association of BC Forest Professionals. Note: immediately eligible for registration is defined as being able to transfer a current membership from an applicable jurisdiction. Applicants must confirm their eligibility with the ABCFP . Confirmation of registration/eligibility will be required before an offer of employment can be made.Cover Letter: YES
- A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.Job Category
Scientific and Technical