Tangerine is Canada's leading direct bank. We offer flexible and accessible banking options, innovative products, and award-winning Client service. The reason why Tangerine employees come to work each day is to help Canadians live better lives. We focus on making a difference in our communities, and that includes our own internal community. It's important to us that our employees feel empowered and enthusiastic about belonging to our Orange culture.
As Canada's leading digital bank, Tangerine technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have redefined what digital banking is and we continue to evolve on what it can be, using technology to create innovative, forward thinking banking solutions with our clients' needs in mind.
We are made up of high performing, curious, energetic and collaborative individuals who thrive in our high trust agile environment to deliver best in class solutions for our customers. We believe in giving people hands-on challenges and the responsibilities that come with them, allowing them to grow, evolve and create opportunities to build their career.
Are you ready to make the change and become part of an established disruptor with the backing of a highly engaged team? If so come join us and help redefine the Canadian banking landscape!
The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine's business systems. This team supports the organization in these critical areas: End-User Technical Support, Desktop Management, Network Management, x86 Server Management, Voice and Data Communications, Business and Web Applications and Strategic Technical Planning.
As an IT Technical Support Analyst, you will be responsible for providing first level on-site support for the entire Moncton Call Centre including desktop/laptop support, telecom support, network architecture support, server support, IT system administration, computer room services and supervision of all IT system support vendors. This includes the implementation and administration of Tangerine's Wintel Active Directory and Red Hat Linux environments supporting over 93% production critical systems and development systems. This support comprises of 100% server accreditation, technical assistance to users, resolution, and prevention of problems in a 7x24 production environment, systems capacity planning and recommendation of solutions to overcome resource constraints, systems level software installation and updates.Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have: Technical Skills
- Be responsible for systems analysis, infrastructure hardware, installation and customization of hardware vendor software/tools to ensure the timely delivery of quality products/functions which meet user requirements and that are developed/supported following Tangerine standards and methodology to minimize exposures to the banks environment.
- Investigate system level and hardware problems on mission critical systems requiring immediate resolution, thus ensuring systems are operational according to agreed upon service level agreements and that they have a high degree of availability, integrity, reliability and scalability.
- Develop and optimize operating efficiencies via automated procedures to solve complex problems for business teams. Prepare detailed specifications for hardware configurations, analyse and oversee phases of the technical system design and will advise, check and direct systems applications onto the correct technical system design.
- Participate in user groups to gain information on other user's project successes and/or failures ensuring we keep up to date with technical breakthroughs and trends in fields of specialization.
- Perform hardware installation, administration, maintenance and support tasks for all critical business Windows/Linux x86 hardware and operating system technologies that could have a direct impact to our customers which includes HP DL380, HP Synergy Blade Enclosures, Windows Server 2012/16 and RHEL6/7.
- Provide administration, maintenance and technical support of the entire VMware ESXi virtual platform which is critical to the bank and directly supports the two Call Centres; this includes VMware VDI and Horizon Suite.
- Provide administration and support of Active Directory and associated policies; user accounts, DNS changes and share access.
- Setup any new hires at the Call Centre; ensure voice/data ports are available and enabled; required desktop equipment is available and configured; all required ID's, security badges and access setup.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met where applicable (i.e. OSFI, SOX, AML, etc.) and ensure that the Bank's directives and standards policies are strictly adhered to, along with monthly server patches, updates and fixes provided by system vendors.
- Manage ongoing customisation and maintenance of system access facilities to ensure/enforce strict security policies of business applications. Plan, implement and test contingency plans for various software components to assure the rapid recovery in the event of an emergency or disaster for the bank.
- Assist in identification, evaluation, tailoring and implementation of vendor-supplied hardware/software packages to meet the changing business requirements of the bank.
- Assist the Network team with troubleshooting, maintenance, and support of the Moncton Network environment which includes installation of cables, switches and racking.
- Assist Telecommunication team with troubleshooting, maintenance, and support of the reader boards, IP phones and circuit installs for the Moncton site.
- Provide Moncton computer room support; control access to this room; maintain tidiness; provide after-hours on-call support for any power/UPS issues within this room.
- Act as a site contact for all IT vendors, supervising their access and activities.
- Work on site or remotely (over the phone) and will be available on a 7x24x365 basis for systems support/consultation as part of the team on-call rotation schedule.
- Provide constant updates to management regarding problem resolution and availability of mission critical systems.
- 4+ years of demonstrated hands-on experience in system administration supporting a large scale, mission critical enterprise infrastructure
- Working knowledge and hands-on working experience of Active Directory, Red Hat and VMware suite of products.
- General knowledge of HP server hardware (NIC, RAID, SCSI) including HP OneView and iLo
- Hands-on knowledge of authentication products for both Linux and Windows Server environments, Microsoft Active Directory and Red Hat IDM.
- In- depth knowledge of and working experience with related protocols (TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, SFTP, TELNET, DNS, DHCP and SNMP etc.)
- Working knowledge of routing, VPN, firewall and system security
- To resolve user and system problems, often on an emergency basis, with minimal supervision or direction from management
- Solid troubleshooting abilities, both proactive and reactive
- Possess analytical and proactive problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; including presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and be able to effectively prioritize his/her efforts, follow-up to ensure all aspects of the engagement are addressed, and escalate issues appropriately
- Strong team player who is confident and challenged in a fast-paced environment supporting a wide range of technologies
What's in it for you?
- University or College Degree
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), vacation, personal & sick days, paternity/maternity leave, medical, vision and dental benefits and much more
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
At Tangerine we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the team, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Job Segment:
Telecom, Telecommunications, Technical Support, Medical, Information Technology, Technology, Healthcare