Requisition ID: 99809
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Investment Specialist
As an Investment Specialist, you will focus on developing and deepening relationships to better serve the financial needs of Canada's growing mass-affluent clients. As a dedicated entrepreneur, you understand that growing a practice is all about building long-term relationships. You know how to leverage your external networks and centres of influence, and welcome the freedom to grow your own practice. Most importantly, you realize that your clients are your greatest asset and your priority is providing investment and financial planning advice to help them meet their unique goals.
You also excel at building new relationships and enjoy the flexibility of being able to meet clients outside of the office, on a schedule that best suits you and your clients. Finally, you recognize the value of working within a collective Scotiabank framework that benefits both your clients and your practice overall. What's in it for you?
Is this role right for you?
- An entrepreneurial culture with the freedom to develop your career
- A fast-paced, flexible work environment where you can set your own hours and meet clients when and where it's convenient for them
- A compensation structure that rewards growing and maintaining your client base
- Access to leading-edge resources to support your growth including dedicated marketing support, powerful mobile technology, leading CRM, portfolio, and financial planning software
- You will be well equipped with a laptop, cell phone and other tools you need to succeed from day one
- The ability to build long-lasting client relationships through exceptional advice and service
- Ability to provide an excellent client experience without going to the branch
- A partnership with our branches and access to Scotia Global Asset Management to deliver an exceptional client experience
- A work culture that promotes diversity, respect, and inclusion.
- You are passionate about promoting the development and sustainable growth of proprietary investment business in your assigned market area by:
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- Conducting outbound communications and proactive calling to prospects to grow their assets under management
- Creating new financial plans for clients or conducting an initial review of their existing financial plan
- Maintaining strong relationships with your clients and building your business through client referrals
- Expanding your network and growing your prospects by participating in local professional and community events, delivering community information sessions and financial seminars, and networking with investment industry specialists
- Financial Planning Designation (PFP) or Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Mutual Fund License
- You're self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit and you understand that growing a practice is all about building long-term relationships
- You realize that your clients are your greatest asset and your priority is providing investment and financial planning advice to help them meet their unique goals
- 3+ years of investment sales experience and financial planning
Scotiabank is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Location(s): Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Financial, Bank, Banking, Developer, Investment, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance