At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
Primary responsibility is to ensure the facility and support systems are in good working order and perform as expected to prevent any interruption in service to customers. Support systems include; Power (Generator, Transfer Switch, UPS, DC plant, BDFB, AC & DC distribution), Fire Suppression, HVAC, Environmental, and Safety (first aid kits, eye wash, etc).
Covering Atlantic including NB, NS, PEI and NL Facilities include:
- Wireless shelters
- Repeater sites
- Outside Plant Module (OPM's)
- Optical Transition Nodes (OTN's)
- Point of Presence sites (POP)
- or any sites housing network transport, core and select access layer equipment.
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Schedule and coordinate PM's with vendors
- Work with national peers, procurement or on own to develop RFQ's and submit for PO requisitions for preventative maintenance (PM), directed maintenance (DM) and repair work.
- Review PM reports, prioritize deficiencies and develop an action plan to correct.
- Review DM reports and develop an action plan to correct any deficiencies.
- Attend all major sites (semi-annually), rural and repeater sites annually to review the ongoing maintenance
- requirements and develop action plans to correct any deficiencies.
- Solicit quotes and submit for PO requisitions for various activities such as minor site repairs (roof repairs, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, etc.), seasonal site maintenance (such as grass mowing, snow removal, etc.)
- Responsible for change management (ticket creation and maintenance) as related to facilities and facility support systems.
- Complete and submit all necessary Federal, Provincial and Municipal reporting, licensing and approval
- Control operational spending and take advantage of opportunities to reduce where possible without
- causing undue risk to operations.
- Attend all major facility and facility support system failures that do or threaten to cause a network outage.
- Work with Facilities Planning and Engineering (FP&E) and review all additions, deletions or changes to the facility and support systems.
- Assist in both the CAPEX and OPEX budget submissions.
- Escalate to the Regional Manager or Director in the Managers absence any potential major or critical risk
- to the network.
- Prime to develop & execute business continuity plan. Deployment and installation of disaster recovery
- Prime to identify and work with FP&E all facility related projects related to network.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 90 Driscoll Crescent (172), Moncton, NB
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Engineering
Requisition ID: 256331
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology
Moncton, NB, CA Bathurst, NB, CA St. John's, NL, CA Saint John, NB, CA Edmundston, NB, CA Fredericton, NB, CA Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, CA Gander, NL, CA Corner Brook, NL, CA Miramichi, NB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programsLooking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Facilities, Engineer, Electrical, Network, Procurement, Operations, Engineering, Technology
Engineering Operations and Logistics